Community Forum

Branding

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Branding

Post by Argent »

Will there be brands? Will they appear on the horses' images?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Branding

Post by larissar »

Yes, and yes. I plan is to allow a farm to register a brand and optionally apply it to any foals they have bred.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Will the brand be text, or could someone upload an image?
Will registries have brands?
Will brands be able to be placed in multiple locations?
Horser01
Visit My Farm

Post by Horser01 »

Will there be different areas to apply them to? Ie: Whithers, Shoulder, etc. And will they be able to be removed and/or overlaid? Like if I branded a colt, then sold it, would the new owner be able to apply their brand as well?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

There will be a few select areas brands can be applied and a horse is limited to only one brand, which is permanent.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Brands will be uploaded images, but a text image could also be used.

I hadn't considered breed registry brands but that is certainly an option I could add in.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Some breeds, like Lipizzans, have multiple brands (an L on the cheek, the Piber brand on the hip, and their bloodlines on the wither). It would be nice to be able to do the same.
Horser01
Visit My Farm

Post by Horser01 »

I know some horses have the registry number freeze branded on their neck or shoulder, plus their 'owners' brand somewhere else... Will there be freeze branding and hot branding? Lip tattoos? Microchips? ...I guess the last two aren't really necessary unless they just showed up on the registry or ownership papers or whatever... I already have my brand. It's the one I've always wanted... A simple AVM, though in real life it's a bit more stylise (?)... :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I suppose if we add in registry brands then there shouldn't be a problem for a horse to have both a registry brand and a breeders brand.

A horse couldn't have two different breeders brands though.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 pm