Community Forum

Breeding and Training questions

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
trudylover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Breeding and Training questions

Post by trudylover »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell how long it will be before a mare foals, the button that says "When will my foal come" doesn't seem to work. I was also wondering what things I should train for each discipline and which breeds do best for what discipline. Thank you :D
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding and Training questions

Post by KYTrainer »

trudylover wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell how long it will be before a mare foals, the button that says "When will my foal come" doesn't seem to work. I was also wondering what things I should train for each discipline and which breeds do best for what discipline. Thank you :D
Hi trudylover! A mare will usually foal in about 1 game year, or about 24 turns. The foal link is not implemented yet. For your second question, each discipline is different. For example, for racing you want to train speed, stamina, and strength. For your third question, there are some breeds bred for different disciplines, such as Thoroughbreds for Racing, Belgians for Log Pull and Driving, and Arabians for Endurance. However, this is not always the case. I have seen Racing Belgians and Draft type Arabians before, you can truly breed anything you want :D Did that answer your questions?

Here are some links that should help you:
Step by Step Beginner Guide
Quick Start Guide
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Basic Training Guide
Fast Training Guide
How to "Ping"
All of The Competition Information
How to Earn Pony Tokens
trudylover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by trudylover »

@KYTrainer , Thank you so much :D
April Hart
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by April Hart »

trudylover wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell how long it will be before a mare foals, the button that says "When will my foal come" doesn't seem to work. I was also wondering what things I should train for each discipline and which breeds do best for what discipline. Thank you :D
Also if they have a really huge stomach you can tell they will come soon :lol: ;) :lol: :P :lol:
gabriellal04
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by gabriellal04 »

i started to breed for oldenburgs recently but it went to grade horse. did i do something wrong or do i just need to breed for a few more generations? i have already bred for thoroughbreds but did not have the horses become grade horses
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

gabriellal04 wrote:i started to breed for oldenburgs recently but it went to grade horse. did i do something wrong or do i just need to breed for a few more generations? i have already bred for thoroughbreds but did not have the horses become grade horses
A 'Grade Horse' is the equestrian version of 'Mutt' for a dog. It means that there is no singular breed that is out-showing the other breeds in a horse. Grades generally appear when you have mixes of three or more breeds in a horse, but not always.

It just means that the foal wasn't correct to fit the requirements of the new breed, OR, it was, but the flip of the coin didn't come up on the oldenburg side.

Check out this link for in-depth information:
http://horseworldonline.net/forum/viewt ... 12&t=16282
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
gabriellal04
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by gabriellal04 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
gabriellal04 wrote:i started to breed for oldenburgs recently but it went to grade horse. did i do something wrong or do i just need to breed for a few more generations? i have already bred for thoroughbreds but did not have the horses become grade horses
A 'Grade Horse' is the equestrian version of 'Mutt' for a dog. It means that there is no singular breed that is out-showing the other breeds in a horse. Grades generally appear when you have mixes of three or more breeds in a horse, but not always.

It just means that the foal wasn't correct to fit the requirements of the new breed, OR, it was, but the flip of the coin didn't come up on the oldenburg side.

Check out this link for in-depth information:
http://horseworldonline.net/forum/viewt ... 12&t=16282
ok thank you
Roaring Horses
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Roaring Horses »

A grade horse is a horse that has so many breeds mixed into it, that it isn't just two breeds mixed or part breed, it is a grade horse. Grade horses usually tend to have four different breeds inside of them. Those breeds may be any. :mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 10:35 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:35 pm