Community Forum

Feeding Update is Live

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Feeding Update is Live

Post by larissar »

The long awaited feeding update has now been published. You'll finally be able to help your skinny horses gain some weight!

This update is quite significant and will probably have the most drastic effect on the game of any updates we have planned. So please bear with us while we iron out any issues that may arise.

Any horses kept in a pasture will automatically eat the grass, and foals will nurse from their dams until they are 6 months old. Both of these are features which already been part of the game, just poorly explained. Now you’ll have to option of feeding hay and grains to your horses.
On your horses page you’ll see a new tab called ‘Feeding’. From here you can see how much energy your horse will from what he’s currently eating. If the Maintenance Energy value is less than 100% your horse could lose weight, if it’s greater than 100% your horse could gain weight.
As the owner you get to choose what feeds to give your horse. Most horses will be ok with just pasture grazing, some might need additional hay. Other horses in heavy training may need grains to help them gain enough energy.

When you choose a feed you also get to choose how much total feed the horse will eat, and how much each individual feed will make up (percentage) of the whole feed ration. For example. You could set your horse to eat 5 kg of extra feed per day (not including grazing or nursing), and of that 5 kg 70% could be Hay and 30% could be Oats.

Once you choose WHAT the horse should eat, the Stable Hand will suggest how MUCH the horse should eat to maintain his current weight and energy. Its up to you if you want your horse to gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same.

Horses kept in a pasture can only be fed 1 additional feed, while horses kept in a barn can be fed up to 4 additional feeds.
Growing horses and Performance horses need a lot of protein to build and maintain muscle. If you try to keep a performance horse in a pasture eating only grass and hay he probably won’t be able to maintain his fitness, you may see your hard training work decreasing, so make sure to feed your performance horses well in order to maintain their training fitness.

Adjustments
* While we adjust to these changes I have temporarily disabled the effect on training as of this morning. Your horses will not lose any more training right now but this will be turned back on once it’s properly adjusted and balanced.

* You may find feeding quite expensive at the moment. Try to only feed the horses you are training until you can afford it. Post on the forum if you are having difficulty earning enough money to feed your horses.

* Please post your feedback so we can adjust the system to be the best it can for the game.

Coming Up Next
  • Additional breed data
  • Feeding system adjustments
  • Bug fixing
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Re: Update Coming

Post by Questhaven »

yay! :)
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

I seen a notification that said I paid $0.00 to feed all my horses! lol guess I'll see how expensive it is to feed all 30 of them! hahaha
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

wow the feeding system is different! lol takes a bit to get used to. My horses all have high energy, but their body weight still says very thin....Do they need alfalfa or performance feed to keep weight??
I was using mainly oats or hay
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

I think I somewhat understand it now!! Although holy wow it'll cost like $300/turn to feed all my horses! lol Well that's the incentive to breed good horses so they win big bucks at showing! haha I may have to thin the heard a bit.
HorseLuvr19
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseLuvr19 »

i cant wait :D i love the game already but i also cant wait to see what else is to come :) soo excited
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

FYI, you don't have to feed horses on pasture unless they are training. I am planning on picking the choice horses to train and feeding only them. The rest will be on pasture. I have no barns. Horses in barns will need to be feed. I guess you would want to put your performance horses in barns.
QHF
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

• man.. that guy is even creepier than my horse-lady OnO
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198052805042]Image[/url]
Need help starting at HWO? Check out my Guide!
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

SeinaMacabre wrote:
    • man.. that guy is even creepier than my horse-lady OnO
i thought he was kinda cute. lol ;)
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

So we have to retrain them again, they've lost all their training?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 5:26 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:26 am