Community Forum

Extremely Fat horses won't slim down

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Rogue Lightning
Visit My Farm

Extremely Fat horses won't slim down

Post by Rogue Lightning »

After the feeding update all my horses went into the poor range of condition, so I put most of them on additional feed. Now I have the opposite problem though I adjusted their feeding according to the farm hand calculator and have taken most of them off the extra feed. No matter how much I train them over past three days they are not losing weight and are extremely fat, which seems to be affecting their showing now. Is there any way I can fix this?
toxicdubstep
Visit My Farm

Re: Extremely Fat horses won't slim down

Post by toxicdubstep »

My too I can't seem to cut there weight like it's really annoying with all the training and showing I been doing
Macabre
Visit My Farm

Post by Macabre »

I have a Przewalski who was kinda chunky before, but straight up fat now. Until the grass in all the pastures start to dwindle down, taking them off all extra food is all you can do.

The farm calculator is just for maintenance though. If you're horse is too fat or too thin, following the calculator will keep them that way.
Equuleus
Visit My Farm

Post by Equuleus »

I tried putting my horses in a barn for a little bit with less food than recommended, and that worked. After they completed their diet, I put them back out. They're a little chunky, but not fat like before.
frighten
Visit My Farm

Post by frighten »

If you don't have a barn can you get the weight off?
I only signed up yesterday, bought a horse with BSC of 8. Over 4 turns hes nearly a 10 and gains like 40 pounds a turn! I am training him and not feeding him anything but pasture.

We need grazing muzzles! Hahah
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

If you fill you pasture with big horses they'll eat the grass down pretty quickly which will lower the page quality and this help your horse lose weight. If you can't fill your large pasture maybe but a small one which is easier to fill.
frighten
Visit My Farm

Post by frighten »

Thanks Larissar! :)
Jaleeni
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaleeni »

I got a small pasture for my horse after reading this. He went from fleshy to extremely fat afterwards. Why? I haven't fed him anything. I haven't even touched the feed because I don't understand how it works.
frighten
Visit My Farm

Post by frighten »

Jaleeni I bought a small pasture and put two horses (one preg mare, one stallion) in it. After a few turns the quality of that pasture went down to roughly 85% and now my horses are losing weight. :) You have to have enough horses in the pasture for its quality to start going down.

I assume then when they are at the weight you want, you can either then start supplementing them with a feed, or switch them between pastures every few turns (from the poorer quality to a higher quality one like the original pasture you start with.)
Jaleeni
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaleeni »

I have two horses....one apparently sprouted horns and demons eyes, lol....and they just keep getting fatter. :(
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 7:47 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:47 am