Community Forum

Horses colour affecting registry

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Frior
Visit My Farm

Horses colour affecting registry

Post by Frior »

It just crossed my mind as i was researching one of breed i would like to breed the Belgian Warmblood on HWO,and many other horses.A lot of registries have restrictions on markings and or colors,.How will the registry work on HWO,will it have those restrictions if so,what will happen to the rest of rarer coats that we might end up breeding,are we gonna end up not been able to register them and that means they won't be bred or competed?

Thanks
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Horses colour affecting registry

Post by larissar »

Registries will be adaptable based on what the players believe the breed should be. So just because the breed looks one way at the beginning of the game the breed can evolve and change as the game progresses. So if a majority of players want a rare colour to be allowed into the breed registry then the registry can be changed by those who manage it.

Consider the Belgian Draft horse. Historically this breed came in more colours, specifically black. The breed evolved over time, and the registry adapted, into a horse which is strictly chestnut.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 pm