Community Forum

Read this please

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Read this please

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

Ok i was wondering what people like in the breed Friesians do you like black, white, gray, flea bitten. Do you like fluffy mane or not and if you like heavy feathering or not i have some of all kinds for the most part but i want to know what other people like so i know wich of my horses to breed to get foals that will sell. Please tell me what you think looks good so i know .

Thanks

No need to ping i am subscribed so everything you post i will see
Charlette
Visit My Farm

Re: Read this please

Post by Charlette »

Ive seen that White Friesians with fluffy manes and light feathering are popular especially in the Hunter Discipline. They seem to be the most favorable based on what I've seen the most often :)
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

Ok thanks
Ivy Stables
Location: My imagination (Acctualy 1/2 of the year, Yorkshire England, and the other half Maryland, USA
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

Personally, I'd want a classic Frisian. Black, with feathering, dark eyes, and not straight manes, but not the big, fluffy, unrealistic manes, sort of like the in-between of fluffy and straight manes, the kind of manes you find on a lot of thoroughbreds, like this horse's mane: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2764049
Thanks!
ExRaceHorseChamp
Visit My Farm

Post by ExRaceHorseChamp »

I've always liked the original simple classic all black Friesian , I tried to bred for a while one but that didn't work.....
HI078
Visit My Farm

Post by HI078 »

I think that classic freisans are great. I am actually pretty disappointed with the super color friesians, that seem so un friesian like.
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

HI078 wrote:I think that classic freisans are great. I am actually pretty disappointed with the super color friesians, that seem so un friesian like.
Ha ha i forgot i made this :lol: but yes ok thx for your help. Right now my freiesens are on hold but when i start i will be doing pure black and pure white
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 am