Community Forum

Black Stallion Series, TB's and purebred arabs

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
jacksia
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Stallion Series, TB's and purebred arabs

Post by jacksia »

Tom wrote:The game doesn't stop you from naming a horse Jesus or Satan. I've never banned anyone over a horse name. Just try not to put foul language please.
Sure, I just noticed it won't let me name my horse *, and that's quite a common word, even in real horse names. I even found a real horse named Saint *, funny.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

I'm not sure what word you're trying to use because it's blocked by the word filter. We didn't write the filters, they are just things you can subscribe to as a website developer so I'm not even 100% sure what all words are on there.
jacksia
Visit My Farm

Post by jacksia »

Tom wrote:I'm not sure what word you're trying to use because it's blocked by the word filter. We didn't write the filters, they are just things you can subscribe to as a website developer so I'm not even 100% sure what all words are on there.
Okay, I didn't know that, then there is nothing to talk about, since no-one can do anything about it. And the word is h.e.l.l ...it's not really a big problem, I just wouldn't support banning anything.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Okay thank you. I can see why that would be on a word filter, people would tend to use it as an expletive. We can of course adjust the word filters if we have to. People do tend to come up with new slang from time to time.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

s-soverton let me know if you want me to delete this derail from your thread. Good luck with the project. :)
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

Tom wrote:s-soverton let me know if you want me to delete this derail from your thread. Good luck with the project. :)
Hi I am sorry people are upset, the name Satan is the name of the horse in a book, and I am not trying to incorporate anything religious. I just wanted to achieve a horse similar to the one in the book. I might name a horse satan, but then again I might not. Honestly I am rethinking naming a horse satan because it might offend some people, but then again if I do I hope no one will be offended. I might name it something similar like Satin, (this name is not meant to be religious satin is a fabric.)

Again I am sorry if I offended anyone I was not trying to :(
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

[quote="Tom"][quote="Aurelia"][quote="Tom"]The game doesn't stop you from naming a horse Jesus or Satan. I've never banned anyone over a horse name. Just try not to put foul language please.[/quote] I understand :D I meant to say players discriminate me for religion. But honestly I don’t care. I just don’t want anyone fighting about it[/quote]

When did this happen?[/quote]
Weeks ago. It’s fine
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

s-soverton wrote:
Tom wrote:s-soverton let me know if you want me to delete this derail from your thread. Good luck with the project. :)
Hi I am sorry people are upset, the name Satan is the name of the horse in a book, and I am not trying to incorporate anything religious. I just wanted to achieve a horse similar to the one in the book. I might name a horse satan, but then again I might not. Honestly I am rethinking naming a horse satan because it might offend some people, but then again if I do I hope no one will be offended. I might name it something similar like Satin, (this name is not meant to be religious satin is a fabric.)

You haven't done anything wrong. Go ahead and name your horses like the book.
Aurelia wrote:
Tom wrote:
When did this happen?
Weeks ago. It’s fine
I looked into your post history and found some disturbing things. Making disparaging remarks about religions is not allowed, and spreading vaccination misinformation is also not allowed. No one has discriminated against you for your religion, they were leery of your proselytising. With good reason, as that type of behaviour is toxic to a community. Stop doing that on HWO.
Shill Farm
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shill Farm »

s-soverton wrote:

You should completely go for it! Those were absolutely my favorite books growing up and they still are! My favorite was the Black Stallion's Ghost.
crystalized_horse
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by crystalized_horse »

Tom wrote:
s-soverton wrote:

You haven't done anything wrong. Go ahead and name your horses like the book.
Aurelia wrote: Weeks ago. It’s fine
I looked into your post history and found some disturbing things. Making disparaging remarks about religions is not allowed, and spreading vaccination misinformation is also not allowed. No one has discriminated against you for your religion, they were leery of your proselytising. With good reason, as that type of behaviour is toxic to a community. Stop doing that on HWO.
Tom how do you get Chirstmas trees, goats and that sort of stuff????
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm