Community Forum

A guide to, well, everything!

G|D|Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

A guide to, well, everything!

Post by G|D|Stables »

This was inspired by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26197 ) Almost all of the information is copied and pasted from other peoples farm pages, or I learned myself from the wonderful community here. :D (Also, if you have any ideas of more things to add, I'm all ears!)

Contents:
Community
My Farm
Breeding
Training
Champing/Competitions
Money
Guides

The Community
What is the forum?
I'm guessing you already know what the forum is, since you're looking at this post, buuuuuuut it may be just a little bit helpful. You enter the forum by pressing the 'Community' button on the left of the screen. The forum is the first option that you can select. There are multiple sections for different 'Topics'. I think by looking at their titles it's pretty self explanatory. You post a topic in those, like if you're having barn clearout, it's much more efficient to make a post about it than to put them all on the market. It also makes it very easy to talk with other players.

What is the chat?
The chat is like a faster version of the forum. You can ask other players to join you on chat to talk about anything! To get to the chat, click/tap the button 'Chat Room' that you find under the Community tab. You don't need to have a reason to log on to chat, but even just watching others talk about their horses and who can train who is pretty entertaining.

What is a ping? Or a quote, for that matter?
You might see some people say 'Ping me about this' or 'Don't quote my main post, I have a smaller thing somewhere else'. A ping and a quote are pretty similar. On every post, including this one, is two buttons on the top right corner. The first one is an exclamation point (!). It's how you report someones post, which you hopefully never have to use. The second is this quotation mark ("). Press that and and you'll see the users post, except you can add your own message to it. You can get rid of what they said, but that can be pretty useful. Always keep the [quote][/quote] things, and the players username. Quoting a post will send an alert to the user that you answered, so they don't have to constantly check their post. Pinging is pretty much the same, except you don't press the quote button. Well, you do, just a different button. You start a topic, usually in 'General Chit Chat', but it can go other places, and you press the fourth button from the left at the top. It should say quote. When you press it, it should do something like this:

Code: Select all

[quote][/quote]
To ping, you take that and put the players name in quotations after an equal sign:

[quote="dragonlover1175"] [/quote]
Make sure to put a space in between that, write your message, and then you're good to go!

How do I show my horses picture?
This is what I mean by show my horse's picture:
Coffee Cake

It's pretty simple, once you know what to do. At the top of the post is a line of commands. Press the third one from the right, the horse= one, and it should look like this:

[horse=][/horse]
You put your horses ID (The random numbers at the end of the URL) after the = sign.

[horse=2868007][/horse]
I usually put the horses name in between, too.

[horse=2868007]Coffee Cake[/horse]
And now you know!

My Farm
What is a conformation?
A conformation is a prediction of a horses breeders report based on the horses size and build. Personally, I mainly breed rare breeds, so I might not be the best person for you to ask. How I understand it, the higher the confo, the better.

What color is my horse?
Again, I don't have much experience in this topic, so I'm just giving you a link to someone who explained this really well:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2158

What comments are best on a breeders report?
Gold is good, green is meh, and red is you might as well rehome it. Here's a topic that goes into detail about all the possible comments and which is best:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7149

Barns Vs. Pastures- Which is best?
It really depends on what you want your horses weight to be. In a pasture, feeding your horses is cheaper, because pastures have grass- Barns do not. But you have to sacrifice accuracy with weight watching to make it cheaper. A horse in a barn doesn't have grass, so it's easier to make sure they stay at moderate.

Why do I care about my horses feed?
Two reasons stand out when you ask a senior player- Energy and Competing. See, it's better to have a moderate horse in a race then a very fat one. And if a horse doesn't get enough feed, it doesn't get energy every day, and it makes it really hard for you to train a horse. Also, every new day, if your horse doesn't eat enough, it gets really annoying to see all of your horses on the new day's notifications.

Breeding
How do I breed a rare breed?
First, you have to decide what you want to breed, and what their recipe is. Press the 'Help' button, and go to the 'Breeds Wiki'. Click the breed you're interested in and look at their information. Then you need to buy a book from the book store to evaluate your horse. Remember, you want a book for the breed you're trying to create. You'll get an eval out of 5, the more the better. Then you breed your best eval horses according to the breeding recipe, and don't worry if it doesn't work the first time, just try and try again.

What breeds are most popular?
Currently, you really want to have a leopard thoroughbred or a white friesan. Morgans seem like they might be getting popular.

Training
Why would I want to train a horse?
Well, for one, it makes the horses SUPER shiny. But that's not why. A trained horse is more likely to win in comps and local shows. So, it makes it easier to champ a horse.

How do I train a horse?
This is discussed in the tutorial, but I mean effectively train a horse. Different people have different ways, and I will copy and paste them in the 'Guides' section.

Can I get others to train a horse for me?
Yes, you can look in the 'Farm Logs' section, 'General Chit Chat', and sometimes other places like on a horses ad in the market. The average price is around 20K and it takes around 3 and 1/2 years in game. Here is a friends list of trainers:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31077

Champing/Competitions
What is champing?
Champing is when you enter a horse in competitions of one discipline to try to get them champed. Same as training, you can ask others to do this for you.

What is the point of competitions?
Comps are good for the community, because the more there are, the easier it is for champers to champ horses, so it promotes the flow of money. Also, what else are we going to do with our horses? In the real world, competitions are an essential part of farm ownership.

Money
Is this to much money to ask for a horse?
Adoption Center horses are NOT WORTH A LOT. You'd be lucky to get a couple thousand for them, so DON'T ACT LIKE THEY'RE THE BEST HORSE IN THE GAME. You can still sell them, though, because they're used in a lot of breeds. A young, fully trained, horse, not champed, can be worth anywhere from 300K to 1M. An older, full trained, horse, can be worth around 100K to 150K.

Where can I get financial help?
Many players offer financial help, like ArabianFantic here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31553
And this is Helping_Hands' Raffle:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=31860
And so many more players are giving money and horses to new players!

Guides
Some of these are great for you to copy and paste into your farm page!

Temperaments
High Strung Is Good For:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited Is Good For:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even Is Good For:
Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm Is Good For:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle Seat

Bombproof Is Good For:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Genetics for different comps:
Barrel Racing- Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Cross Country- Stamina, Strength, Agility, Balance
Cutting- Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed
Dressage- Movement, Balance, Tempo, Strength
Driven Dressage- Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
Endurance- Stamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo
Harness Racing- Speed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo
Hunter- Movement, Strength, Tempo, Balance
In-Hand Jumping- Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Log Pull- Strength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Marathon Driving- Strength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence
Obstacle Driving- Strength, Agility, Stamina, Balance
Pole Bending- Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Racing- Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed
Reining- Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance
Saddle Seat- Balance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence
Show Jumping- Balance, Strength, Agility, Speed
Sprint Racing- Speed, Strength, Agility, Speed
Steeplechasing- Speed, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Western Pleasure- Intelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo
Western Trail- Agility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina
Working Ranch- Intelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength

Points to titles:
A horse can earn a title for every discipline, but only the highest title is displayed on their profile and throughout the website. This is proof that your horse really is a great competitor.
You can earn the following titles once your horse reaches the minimum points for each title. (Titles are awarded after a competition runs and must be earned in order).

Champion (Ch.) - 200 points
Grand Champion (GCh.) - 700
Master Champion (MCh.) - 1500
Master Grand Champion (MGCh.) - 3000
Supreme Champion (SCh.) - 4900
Supreme Grand Champion (SGCh.) - 7300
Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.) - 10,000

In Addition, you can earn a Triple title if your horse has their highest title in 3 events that make up a combined training group. (Example: Winning Ch. in Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross-Country would earn you the Triple Champion (TCh.) title)

A plus sign (+) following a title means the horse has two titles, and two pluses after the title means the horse has 3 or more titles.

RH at the end of the prefix indicates the horse has set a current unbroken World Record, and Rh (lowercase h) means the horse held a World Record but it has been beaten by another horse.
-Tom

Different training guides:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25066
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27496
Sorry there isn't more, they're surprisingly hard to come by!

I will add things to this as things change, and I learn more, but for know, that's everything!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 am