Community Forum

True to Type Competition. $2mill Prize. CLOSED

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
reyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

True to Type Competition. $2mill Prize. CLOSED

Post by reyn »

Once in a while I like to encourage true to type breeding with a little competition. True to Type means breeding a horse that looks as breed standards describe. As simple as that, just show me your horse(s) that look most like the breed they are supposed to be. All breed standards can be found on their breed society website :D .

Any breeds are accepted (though must be purebreeds and not crosses), and nothing else matters except the correct look. However, if there is very tight competition between horses of the same breed I will then take in to account stats and competition record.

First prize $2 mill
Second prize $1mill

I will run this completion for a week to allow breeding if needed, and it will close at 4pm on 4th February 2021.

Entrants

Kerfuffle

Hollywood Eclipse

Brave Snicker

Dannsair

Martini LA

Rising Tides
Last edited by reyn on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Birtwick_Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: True to Type Competition. $2mill Prize.

Post by Birtwick_Stables »

reyn wrote:Once in a while I like to encourage true to type breeding with a little competition. True to Type means breeding a horse that looks as breed standards describe. As simple as that, and all breed standards can be found on their breed society website :D .

Any breeds are accepted (though must be purebreeds and not crosses), and nothing else matters except the correct look. However, if there is very tight competition between horses of the same breed I will then take in to account stats and competition record.

First prize $2 mill
Second prize $1mill

I will run this completion for a week to allow breeding if needed, and it will close at 4pm on 4th February 2021.

Is there a form we need to fill out?
Behind every cowgirl is a horse that taught her to love with her whole heart
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

reyn wrote:Once in a while I like to encourage true to type breeding with a little competition. True to Type means breeding a horse that looks as breed standards describe. As simple as that, just show me your horse(s) that look most like the breed they are supposed to be. All breed standards can be found on their breed society website :D .

First prize $2 mill
Second prize $1mill

I'd love to compete!
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
reyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

Birtwick_Stables wrote:
reyn wrote:Once in a while I like to encourage true to type breeding with a little competition. True to Type means breeding a horse that looks as breed standards describe. As simple as that, and all breed standards can be found on their breed society website :D .

First prize $2 mill
Second prize $1mill

Nope, I just want to see your horses that look most like the breed they should be. Ie an Arabian should have a dished profile and high set tail, and wouldn't be appaloosa.
Birtwick_Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Birtwick_Stables »

reyn wrote:
Birtwick_Stables wrote:

Nope, I just want to see your horses that look most like the breed they should be. Ie an Arabian should have a dished profile and high set tail, and wouldn't be appaloosa.
Okay thank u!!!
Behind every cowgirl is a horse that taught her to love with her whole heart
Avacodos3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Avacodos3 »

reyn wrote:Once in a while I like to encourage true to type breeding with a little competition. True to Type means breeding a horse that looks as breed standards describe. As simple as that, just show me your horse(s) that look most like the breed they are supposed to be. All breed standards can be found on their breed society website :D .

First prize $2 mill
Second prize $1mill

I have this beauty that looks exactly like a Budweiser Clydesdale :D He'll get longer feathers soon! -
♛Kerfuffle♛
reyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

Bump
h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

reyn wrote:...

GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenCenter »

Any breeds are accepted (though must be purebreeds and not crosses), and nothing else matters except the correct look. However, if there is very tight competition between horses of the same breed I will then take in to account
Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2903592

Accounts: GoldenCenter, TandBStables, GBEC_Champing (Yes, I got permission from Tom)
Roselight
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Roselight »

reyn wrote:
Hey, I would love to enter! However, how do I find out if my horse(s) look like the true-to-type horses? I have no clue how to find out.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:08 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:08 am