Community Forum

In need of a fell or two

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
April Hart
Visit My Farm

In need of a fell or two

Post by April Hart »

Sooooo this isnt for me its for a friend who wants some fell ponies to breed and train. But the only problem is that... there arent any pure fells for sale. So for a fair price would anyone be able to sell a fell? Or even how to breed a fell

Thanking you most kindly, April Hart :D :lol: :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: In need of a fell or two

Post by BlackOak2 »

April Hart wrote:Sooooo this isnt for me its for a friend who wants some fell ponies to breed and train. But the only problem is that... there arent any pure fells for sale. So for a fair price would anyone be able to sell a fell? Or even how to breed a fell

There are two main ways to acquire a purebred fell.
One, use the recipe to breed it.
Two, use a grade to produce a part, half or mixed fell and then breed until you get purebred (very low percentages may not succeed).

The recipe for the fell is found in the Breeds Wiki and describes the following:

Galloway x Friesian

These two should breed together alright to pop the Fell. You'll need to watch the height the most, make sure you work with a shorter friesian and you might want to pull a heavier galloway.

As for the second option, you'll need at least a fell mixed colt and a fell mixed filly, then inbreed or breed back to sire OR dame to increase that mixed percentage. Inbreeding right now only has the affect that it narrows the gene pool that you work with. That can be fixed in time by using the same technique that you'll use here, breed to a nice grade that has the genes you want and then breed back to purebred.
If breeding to a purebred, it'll take 4 generations to acquire a purebred. If breeding to mixed, parts or half's, it can take 11 generations or more, depending on what the percentages you're working with.
If you're breeding to a very low percentage, I haven't exactly checked it, but I did try with a low one, in around 15% or lower, only one horse of that breed... I couldn't get it purebred... however, if memory serves, it was a two-breed-named cross and not a single-breed-named cross, which could have been my entire problem.
Suffice to say, stay away from two-breed-named crosses when attempting to redevelop purebreds, it can be a difficult road to tackle. :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
April Hart
Visit My Farm

Post by April Hart »

BlackOak2 wrote:
April Hart wrote:Sooooo this isnt for me its for a friend who wants some fell ponies to breed and train. But the only problem is that... there arent any pure fells for sale. So for a fair price would anyone be able to sell a fell? Or even how to breed a fell

Two, use a grade to produce a part, half or mixed fell and then breed until you get purebred (very low percentages may not succeed).

The recipe for the fell is found in the Breeds Wiki and describes the following:

Galloway x Friesian

These two should breed together alright to pop the Fell. You'll need to watch the height the most, make sure you work with a shorter friesian and you might want to pull a heavier galloway.

As for the second option, you'll need at least a fell mixed colt and a fell mixed filly, then inbreed or breed back to sire OR dame to increase that mixed percentage. Inbreeding right now only has the affect that it narrows the gene pool that you work with. That can be fixed in time by using the same technique that you'll use here, breed to a nice grade that has the genes you want and then breed back to purebred.
If breeding to a purebred, it'll take 4 generations to acquire a purebred. If breeding to mixed, parts or half's, it can take 11 generations or more, depending on what the percentages you're working with.
If you're breeding to a very low percentage, I haven't exactly checked it, but I did try with a low one, in around 15% or lower, only one horse of that breed... I couldn't get it purebred... however, if memory serves, it was a two-breed-named cross and not a single-breed-named cross, which could have been my entire problem.
Suffice to say, stay away from two-breed-named crosses when attempting to redevelop purebreds, it can be a difficult road to tackle. :)

Thank you so much :D
will keep that in mind :)

April
Fell.Pony.M
Visit My Farm

Post by Fell.Pony.M »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Galloway x Friesian

Hiiiii i see my firend april is helping me out. Ive made a new acc so once ive got through the quest ill start breeding fells!!!! But i guess im going the long way round cos im neveer going to get enough money for a friesian mare :(

But maybe ill get enough money actually but thanks sooooooooo much btw :D :D :D
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Fell.Pony.M wrote:[q"]
t" wrote:Sooooo this isnt for me its for a friend who wants some fell ponies to breed and train. But the only problem is that... there arent any pure fells for sale. So for a fair price would anyone be able to sell a fell? Or even how to breed a fell

Galloway x Friesian

Hiiiii i see my firend april is helping me out. Ive made a new acc so once ive got through the quest ill start breeding fells!!!! But i guess im going the long way round cos im neveer going to get enough money for a friesian mare :(

But maybe ill get enough money actually but thanks sooooooooo much btw :D :D :D[/quote]

I can give you a Friesian mare for fre in 10-14 saus if you want. It will be a pure black one
Fell.Pony.M
Visit My Farm

Post by Fell.Pony.M »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:
Fell.Pony.M wrote:[q"]

Galloway x Friesian

But maybe ill get enough money actually but thanks sooooooooo much btw :D :D :D
I can give you a Friesian mare for fre in 10-14 saus if you want. It will be a pure black one[/quote]

Errm i didnt understand half that sentence but sure :D
Also idk the quoting thing isnt working 4 some reason?
oob
Visit My Farm

Post by oob »

Hey! I don’t know if you’re still looking for fells, but i actually have a filly! she’s a purebred with 2 golds i believe, and i’d be willing to sell her if you’re interested :D
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2919894
April Hart
Visit My Farm

Post by April Hart »

oob wrote:

Hey! I don’t know if you’re still looking for fells, but i actually have a filly! she’s a purebred with 2 golds i believe, and i’d be willing to sell her if you’re interested :D
She is beautiful! How much would you need for her? :D
oob
Visit My Farm

Post by oob »

April Hart wrote:
oob wrote:
i was thinking somewhere in the 20k range, but whatever you think she’s worth is fine with me :D
April Hart
Visit My Farm

Post by April Hart »

oob wrote:
April Hart wrote:
i was thinking somewhere in the 20k range, but whatever you think she’s worth is fine with me :D
By 20k do you mean 20,000? My English isn’t great sorry
If so how about 23k?
But you might have to hang onto her for up to a week for me and my friend to gather the money lol

Many thanks,
April Hart
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 12:47 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:47 am