Community Forum

{GM} Persian Leopard Horse (Nisean horse) Log.

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

{GM} Persian Leopard Horse (Nisean horse) Log.

Post by honeybunny »

Persian Leopard Horse or the Nisean Horse.
What is a Persian Leopard Horse or Nisean Horse?
The PLH or Nisean is a ancient, extinct breed of horse that originated in early Persia before the time of the Ancient Greeks. A white Nisean horse was sacred to the kings, and a popular war horse. A spotted horse, called the Leopard Horse was considered good luck. Little is known about them except that they were highly sought after in the ancient world. The Nisean horse was said to have come in several colors, including common colors such as dark bay, chestnut and seal brown, but also rarer colors such as black, roan, palomino, and various spotted patterns. The ancient Nisean horse was said to have had "not the slender Arabian head of the Luristan Culture but a more robust one that was characteristic of the great warhorse". Often slim and rangy they where still a light horse, of more draft influence. They where said to be "tall and swift, and color adorned his sides. The Chinese called the breed the Tien Ma – Heavenly Horse or Soulon-Vegetarian dragon. The Nisean was the most valuable horse in the ancient world. Some were spotted, like a leopard or, as golden as a newly minted coin. Others were red and blue roan with darker color.
Why did I decide to recreate this breed in game?
I've always been fascinated by this ancient breed and upon realizing it was not in the breed wiki I decided to create my own Nisean in game! And so I began! It didn't take long to find my target crossing. Spotted Belgian grades! Now I have lines that are solid and consistently perfect for the Nisean.
For fun:
I decided to take the liberty of breeding mohawk manes and bell bottom feathers because they are adorable with the spots!
My favourite Nisean horses:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 am