Community Forum

HCBA - HWO Criollo Breeders Association

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Ritazuki
Visit My Farm

HCBA - HWO Criollo Breeders Association

Post by Ritazuki »

I've been wanting to create a criollo breeders association in HWO for a while. Here where I live, criollo is the most popular horse breed, and I want to make them a good competitive breed around here if possible.

Rules:
1 - No fighting;
2 - Try to help each other out whenever possible, be it from training, popping, offering free/discount studding, financial aid, etc;
3 - No stealing horses;
4 - Try to keep the association active;
5 - Do not lie about how much points, titles or merits your horse has because all of that will be stored on the oficial registry;

About the goal of the association:
Criollos are fairly known for being good at western competitions, specially reining. The goal is to breed criollos that are competitive in western modalities (with focus on reining) that also look like the real life criollos.

About the benefits of the association:
1 - Exclusive contests and raffles;
2 - Exclusive studding;
3 - Discounts on foals and studding are encouraged;
4 - Exclusive events (morphology contests, breed competition events, etc);
5 - Financial aid when needed;
6 - Official studbook topic and registry spreadsheet;
7 - Point system;

About the exclusive events:
To try to bring the HWO criollos close to what real criollos are, I'll host from time to time events such as morphology competitions (where me and maybe other members will judge other players criollos according to the breed standard), or a series of competitions such as the Freio de Ouro (a huge criollo exclusive Brazilian event that consists on a lot of different competitions, and the horse that gets the most points at the end of it all wins). Those events will have a money prize and also will make points for the winning stud or mare.

About the point system:
I'll make another post explaining it better later, but the point of the point system is to identify the best horses in both in competition, morphology and reproduction. The horse may get points from competing, having competitive offspring, participating on the association's events, and also from his confo stats and green/golden stats, HGP, etc. The horse's points will help you decide which horses breed with which, and I'm thinking about also adding merits (such as horses with more than 90% of wins on certein modality will receive a certain merit) and titles of the morphology competitons and Freio de Ouro. Those points, merits and titles can be added to the horse's notes, but will also be shown on the studbook (if the horse is up for stud) and on the google spreadsheet I'm palnning on making for the association's official registry.

About registering a horse:
To be registered, the horses must fulfill some criteria. For now, those criterias will be more flexible, but I plan on making it more strict later.
The criterias (for now) are:
- They have to be purebred;
- They have to be at least 2* and the breed's evaluation;
- They must have no red stats;
- You must be the horse's breeder or have their breeder authorize the registration;

There is no cost to register a horse. On the horse's registry, I'll put the the weight at the day of the registration, the height at the day of the registration, the horse's name, gender, HGP, points and the points breakdown. If possible, provide me with the height and weigth at birth and at 4 years old, and that will be shown on the horse's registry too.

The registry system will change later on to include other things (such as breeding-restricted registry, or proviroy and definitive registry), but for now we just need to increase the criollo population.

About the studbook:
Only registered horses will be allowed on the studbook. The stud fee will be defined by the owner, but discounts for members are encouraged. There will be a topic for the studbook, where it will be shown the horses, their points, their points breakdown, their titles and merits, etc. You will have to ask to have your horse put on or removed from the studbook, and provide us with the public stud fee, member's stud fee (if applicable), and any other conditions you may have (such as the horse only being available for stud for a limited time)

For new members and joining the association:
If you're a new member, I can get you one or two purebred mares/fillies for free or for a low price, so you don't need to have any criollos yet (though having other lines despite mine will be really good). You don't need to have a special role, since everyone is expected to do basically the same things (breeding, competing and participating on the events), but you can offer additional sevices, such as popping or training. But, if you want, you can ask for a specific role you think will make the managing of the association easier, and you can have more than one role if you want. You can also ask for a role change later.

Entry frorm:

Code: Select all

Accounts:
Extra services offered: (ignore if none)
Do you already have any criollos?
If yes, how many? (ignore if you don't)
Do you want a special role? (such as event coordinator, morphology judge, registry manager, studbook manager, etc)
If yes, which one? (if not, just ignore)
Are you in another breed community? Have you ever been part of one?
How long have you been playing?
For people who have criollos but don't want to be members:
You don't need to be a member of the association to have a horse registered here. You can buy a registered horse or you can register your own, with the limit of 5 living registered criollos per non member account. You can only register another one if one of the horses registered with you listed as the breeder dies or gets sold to an account that becomes inactive for at least two weeks. However, you won't be able to join the events, put horses on the sutdbook or join member only contest and etc.

Member's list:
RZ_Criollos (my side account where I will breed my criollos when I finish setting up the account with courses and etc) - President and any other role not yet taken xD

DON'T QUOTE THIS POST, I'm already subscribed to the topic so I'll be notified even if you don't ping me.

The association's activities will only start after we have at least three members. The studbook and the registry will also only be created when we have enough people. I'll be off for a couple days, so I'll leave this here so people can already send their entries and we can start this as soon as possible.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 pm