Community Forum

Highland pony re-classification

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
PanzerStud
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Highland pony re-classification

Post by PanzerStud »

Hi all!

I'm a Scot and a Highland pony lover, and have ridden many over the years I've been a rider, and wanted to start breeding them in game, I was a little upset to see the avatar for them as far from a Highland as possible, and for them to be classified as a "light horse breed" along with the Dales/Fell and a number of other British Native/Mountain and Moorland breeds.
Highland ponies were bred to carry massive red deer stags down very rough terrain in the Highlands, they are a Medium-Heavy pony type :) Whilst there are sportier newer lines coming through, they're very far from a light horse breed.

Since I cannot include photos of the many Highlands I've ridden over the years, I'll include a photo from the Highland Pony Society here in the UK that shows the traditional HighlandImage
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Highland pony re-classification

Post by BlackOak2 »

The Breeds Wiki is not accurate. It's very much still only half done. In order to get it working, our admins named all of them 'light horse' almost regardless.

Some of the other ones that certainly don't belong in that category are:
American Shetland
Finnish Draft
Gypsy Vanner
Irish Draught
Italian Heavy Draft
JutlandSkyros Pony
Sorraia
Spiti
Sumba
Sumbawa
Taishuh Horse
etc...etc...etc...

I recommend looking at this link instead:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26389
It has a better and more accurate type... but as it's being written by HWO players, as with most projects, it's being done on an As-Time-Allows basis.

Much of this game is not completed. We have reports recently that our admins have taken another step toward our massive server migration and have the test server up and running. What this means is that some ease-of-play upgrades might be coming to us very soon. :)

The Wiki Breeds page is... probably not high on the list for completion. It's working, but there is A LOT of work that still need to be completed on it.

So, on behalf of the community and the game (though I'm just another HWO player), I'm sorry you felt so slighted when you took notice of this. It was not intentional and was only applied there to get things to operational status. Those that understand the breed, would not describe it as a light horse. Much like the Lithuanian Heavy Draft is not a light horse. :)

Those are gorgeous pictures you linked. Thanks for sharing them! :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PanzerStud
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PanzerStud »

BlackOak2 wrote:The Breeds Wiki is not accurate. It's very much still only half done. In order to get it working, our admins named all of them 'light horse' almost regardless.

Some of the other ones that certainly don't belong in that category are:
American Shetland
Finnish Draft
Gypsy Vanner
Irish Draught
Italian Heavy Draft
JutlandSkyros Pony
Sorraia
Spiti
Sumba
Sumbawa
Taishuh Horse
etc...etc...etc...

I recommend looking at this link instead:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26389
It has a better and more accurate type... but as it's being written by HWO players, as with most projects, it's being done on an As-Time-Allows basis.

Much of this game is not completed. We have reports recently that our admins have taken another step toward our massive server migration and have the test server up and running. What this means is that some ease-of-play upgrades might be coming to us very soon. :)

The Wiki Breeds page is... probably not high on the list for completion. It's working, but there is A LOT of work that still need to be completed on it.

So, on behalf of the community and the game (though I'm just another HWO player), I'm sorry you felt so slighted when you took notice of this. It was not intentional and was only applied there to get things to operational status. Those that understand the breed, would not describe it as a light horse. Much like the Lithuanian Heavy Draft is not a light horse. :)

Those are gorgeous pictures you linked. Thanks for sharing them! :)
Thank you kindly for the reply, and no need for apologies <3 the work that goes into this game is colossal, and I figured I'd stick my two cents in (would that be two pennies?) Theres far more important things being works on, so totally understandable why this owuld be put on the back burner, but at least I can share the pretty pony picture :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

PanzerStud wrote:
Thank you kindly for the reply, and no need for apologies <3 the work that goes into this game is colossal, and I figured I'd stick my two cents in (would that be two pennies?) Theres far more important things being works on, so totally understandable why this owuld be put on the back burner, but at least I can share the pretty pony picture :D
Absolutely share your two cents! And yes, the phrase we use here 'on the other side of the pond' is still 'two cents'. :D Or, you can think of them as a pair of bright, copper pennies. :lol: I forget where that saying comes from though... but it did make good sense at one point. -_-

Admin reads our grievances, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc, quite regularly, so don't hesitate. There's a lot of threads too for a lot of ideas, so feel free to resurrect one that hasn't seen much interest, or much recent interest, and you have something you feel should be added.

It's a little dismal, personally, when I look at our breeds wiki and their descriptions are blank, their histories are blank... the only thing that's filled in is their height. But... it'll come.
At least I can confirm that all of the breed recipes are working and the breed book evaluations are accurate for the recipes. 8-)
So...
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:13 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:13 pm