Community Forum

Make a White Horse via Tobiano Markings | Ends June 1st

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Make a White Horse via Tobiano Markings | Ends June 1st

Post by EclipticEnd »

Don't quote this. I'm subscribed and am notified to any replies.

Here's a challenge for everyone: get some Tobiano horses and try to breed a foal with the most white covering its body as you can.

The foal cannot have Appaloosa markings (snowflakes, snowcap, blanket, leopard, fewspot, etc) and also must not have Champagne genes nor Silver genes. The foal should not have pink skin (caused by double pearl / double cream / cream pearl). The horse can be crossbred, even to the point of Grade Horse status. All horse breeds are allowed. Inbreeding / line breeding is allowed. The end goal is to get as much white as you can via Tobiano (paint) markings while retaining black skin around the nose and eyes.

You must be the breeder of the foal as well as the foal's parents in order to qualify. By this I mean that the username entering the horse must match the username that is noted as the breeder for the immediate family (Sire, Dam, Foal). Buying a white horse from the adoption center and entering it won't work. You'll have to breed at least three horses for this challenge; the mother, the father, and the foal.

This challenge ends June 1st. The winning horses will be chosen based on coverage and my own personal judgement. I will choose three winners from the entries. These winners will have their choice of prize from the pool below. First place winner chooses first, then second place, then third. Once a prize is chosen it will no longer be available to the others.

1. $3,000,000
2. 4 Mohawk Thoroughbreds or any other breed that I own (2 Mares 2 Stallions)
3. 3 Mohawk Thoroughbreds or any other breed that I own (3 Mares)
4. 1x Free training of a horse of their choice
5. 2 custom bred horses (Your choice of breed and gender. Please specify in the entry form.)
6. 2 custom colored horses (Any breed that I have in my possession, your choice of gender and color. Please specify in the entry form.)

This is my secondary account where you can view more of my horses.

For #1 and #2: I will be offering either foals or horses of breeding age. They will not be trained. You will get to choose from a preselected group of horses.

For #4: I can guarantee the horse to be trained in around 3 years of age and within a week at most. My internet's not great so while I could probably do it within a few days I'm giving myself some breathing room just in case it acts up.

For #5: this may take some time if you choose a breed that's difficult to make. If you want it done quick, check what horse breeds I have and choose a breed that requires one or more of those.

For #6: please note that it might take some time to get the exact color you want on the exact gender of horse. If you just want a mare and a stallion without care of which color belongs to which (so long as you get the colors you want), that'll get things done faster.

If you have a reasonable alternative request for a prize then I'd be willing to consider it. I might end up adding it to the list. You may edit your entry at any time before the contest ends. There's no guarantee that anyone'll breed a super white horse, nor that anyone will enter at all. Entering a barebones Tobiano you bred might just net you a prize.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. If you're uncertain if your horse meets the requirements to be entered, let me know; it'll only take a few minutes of my time so I won't mind.

FILL OUT THIS FORM TO ENTER:

Code: Select all

Username:
Link to the horse you're entering:
1st Prize Choice:
2nd Prize Choice:
3rd Price Choice:
Alternative Prize Suggestion: (optional)
Here's some examples of what you're trying to breed. Your horses don't need to be black; it's just coincidence that both of these are black based. As long as your horse isn't double cream, cream pearl, double pearl, or champagne you're good to go. Please note that having a picture of your horse as a newborn (or a bit later if the foal's very mealy) could be the deciding factor between first place and third. I encourage you to take pictures if your horse is aging just in case the mane comes in and covers things up.

===========================================================================
Current entries:
Hidalgo || Horse Link || 1, 6. 2 NAB's, one of each sex, with lots of white (5* eval if possible, but if not that's okay), 4.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm

Re: Make a White Horse via Tobiano Markings | Ends June 1st

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

Just to clarify. It has to have some black in the pinto pattren.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Oh, ok. I was sorta considering entering because I was kinda working in that direction with my shetlands a while back but they're not black based :lol:

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

FantasyRanch2 wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:
Ah, I knew I forgot to clarify something! Don't worry, they don't have to be black based. They can be chestnut, palomino, buckskin, black, smoky black, seal, etc. They just need to have black skin, which means no double pearl, no double cream, no pearl cream, and no champagne.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Ah, Gotcha!
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

Ok thx
Bunbun0412
Visit My Farm

Post by Bunbun0412 »

Do we have to have bred the horse ourselves?
Bunbun0412
Visit My Farm

Post by Bunbun0412 »

Bunbun0412 wrote:Do we have to have bred the horse ourselves?
sorry, I just reread the requirements. I missed it the first time.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Username: Hidalgo
Link to the horse you're entering: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2858319 This is my current entry but I will change it if I can produce something better!
1st Prize Choice: 1.
2nd Prize Choice: 6. 2 NAB's, one of each sex, with lots of white (5* eval if possible, but if not that's okay)
3rd Price Choice: 4.
Last edited by Hidalgo on Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hidalgo wrote:Username: Hidalgo
Link to the horse you're entering: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2858319 This is my current entry but I will change it if I can produce something better!
1st Prize Choice: 1.
2nd Prize Choice: 6. 2 NAB's, one of each sex, with lots of white (5* eval if possible, but if not that's okay)
3rd Price Choice: 4.
Noted! Good luck. : )
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:11 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:11 pm