Community Forum

Conformation does not make sense (to me)

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Conformation does not make sense (to me)

Post by Hidalgo »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
carlWoof wrote:
Some of the HWO body shapes i've bred for log pulls make me go

I hate how the draft types look on here… the legs (so short, so thick)… the LEVEL OF CHONK (extreme chonk. chonk to the max. chonk^2) the mega Roman noses…
I could never breed for strength, I dislike how it looks too much :lol:
Speak of chonk... :twisted:
Ⓗ Mr. Chonx
carlWoof
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by carlWoof »

Tenacious Equine wrote: I hate how the draft types look on here… the legs (so short, so thick)… the LEVEL OF CHONK (extreme chonk. chonk to the max. chonk^2) the mega Roman noses…
I could never breed for strength, I dislike how it looks too much :lol:
Draft sausage.
Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

carlWoof wrote:
Tenacious Equine wrote:I 100% agree! Not to mention that real-life upper level dressage horses are generally of a much lighter build than the HWO ones (honestly, I think that if Agility replaced Strength as a dressage stat, it would help encourage lighter-type horses while still making sense from a realism standpoint, as the more advanced dressage maneuvers require a very agile horse).
Could've sworn i replied to this, but apparently, i have not.
Or maybe i forgot to Submit. Chalk it up to lack of sleep and umpteen coffees.

Yeah, even though i'm not breeding or competing anything beyond drafts, i've noticed some really odd body shapes in the rankings and competition results and went to look and sure enough, there's weird stuff all over the place. And yes, you're right, dressage horses look way too heavy.
I must say that in general you are right, but there are 2 kinds, if I can say so, of dressage: "sport" dressage where are used taller horses of lighter build and classical dressage where are usually used so called "baroque" breeds (Andalusian, Lipizzaner ...) that are a little shorter and have medium build.
carlWoof
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by carlWoof »

Pieta wrote: I must say that in general you are right, but there are 2 kinds, if I can say so, of dressage: "sport" dressage where are used taller horses of lighter build and classical dressage where are usually used so called "baroque" breeds (Andalusian, Lipizzaner ...) that are a little shorter and have medium build.
Point taken.
But there's baroque and there's this:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/619097
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Pieta wrote:
And the fact remains that light or very light horses on here don’t do as well in dressage.
My own horse is of a similar size and build to the classical dressage horses, and he’s much lighter than most of the more successful dressage horses I’ve seen on here. (He’s haflinger/paint and 15.3hh)
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

carlWoof wrote:
Pieta wrote: I must say that in general you are right, but there are 2 kinds, if I can say so, of dressage: "sport" dressage where are used taller horses of lighter build and classical dressage where are usually used so called "baroque" breeds (Andalusian, Lipizzaner ...) that are a little shorter and have medium build.
Point taken.
But there's baroque and there's this:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/619097
You are right. That horse don't look anything alike horses in RL. :shock:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 pm