Community Forum

Rehoming

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
ValerieKov
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Rehoming

Post by ValerieKov »

Hello everyone!
My suggestion is removing the ability to rehome horses bred by others.
It is wise to leave the option of deleting a horse only if you are its breeder.
Last month many of my horses were bought and immediately rehomed. I set different prices, exhibited horses only on offers and I still lost more than 15 horses. Some players do it over and over, many nicknames are repeated in the list of bought and rehomed horses.
I wanted to share my foals with others, but now I have no desire to sell anyone cause I feel sorry for my work. I breed foals with good stats, raise them, train them, and then someone destroys my labor in a second.
Dear administrators, please, consider removing function of rehoming if a horse is bred by another breeder. Or give it a price (preferably in PT). Or make punishment for those who abuse the rehoming of other players' horses.
Please do not ignore this problem!

P.S. I apologize for possible mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Rehoming

Post by BlackOak2 »

This has been discussed many, many times. There is little overall support for removing the rehoming feature.

If you're finding your horses are being rehomed at a surprising rate, there are likely an array of reasons for this. The most obvious ones are that you're selling them for too low a price and that the market is flooded with that particular breed OR color combination.

The other way you can lock a horse from being rehomed, is by breeding it once and keeping that foal. You'll need to keep that foal, because an entire line can be rehomed (if still alive), if each generation is rehomed in ascending order.

So, upgrade your prices. In this way, you won't feel quite so upset when the horse may be rehomed. And also, the purchasers will realize that these horses aren't just posted for sale, to be gotten rid of.
We have market cleaners that work to keep our market from being inundated with horses. They generally will leave certain types alone, AC stock is one of them and stock that is rare is another. Fully trained or mostly trained stock is another type they'll generally avoid. And extremely usable stock (as long as there's not an overabundance).

I hope this helps with your dilemma.

I am not a supporter of removing the rehoming feature. I could be a supporter of adding a charge for it, but this may happen when our vet upgrade comes in. I don't know. I don't know how I feel about making it a PT charge. Considering how many rehoming even I do on a semi-regular basis, I think, at least in this stage of the game, I would NOT support a PT charge.

Good Luck!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tari
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tari »

What are you expecting from selling your horse?
The truth is that, you got your money, you don't need this horse, you sold it. So what's the problem?
Why somebody should keep the horse, which is not need even for you?

For myself, I don't sell horses, unless I need space. I rehome almost all my horses wich is not fit to my programms. It means about 70% of all my foals was rehomed by myself. There are two reasons:
1) amount horses you can keep is limited
2) I understand that my goals is important only for myself, and nobody will intrested in my horses

And the last point. Rehome is the great feature. It's not death, it's a good opportunity to delete horse with good feeliing about it. Like if it got new good NPC owners.

I see the best way for you - make your prices higher. So you will actually see how good your horse, and will it buy by somebody except market cleaners.
SilverSaddle
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SilverSaddle »

ValerieKov wrote:Hello everyone!
Last month many of my horses were bought and immediately rehomed. I set different prices, exhibited horses only on offers and I still lost more than 15 horses. Some players do it over and over, many nicknames are repeated in the list of bought and rehomed horses.
I wanted to share my foals with others, but now I have no desire to sell anyone cause I feel sorry for my work. I breed foals with good stats, raise them, train them, and then someone destroys my labor in a second.
Dear administrators, please, consider removing function of rehoming if a horse is bred by another breeder. Or give it a price (preferably in PT). Or make punishment for those who abuse the rehoming of other players' horses.

I think the problem is that people tend to flood the market with low-value horses. Many people get annoyed by that and rehome those horses. Maybe it would be better if you have a sale pasture on your farm and advertise them in the sale forum with a link asking the potential buyers not to rehome the horses. That way you don't burden the market and you can find a good home for your horses.
FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

I do NOT think the rehoming button should be removed. BUT I do like the idea of making so only the breeder of the horse can rehome them.

I think it would be awesome if only the breeder could rehome a horse. Or if someone wants to rehome a horse, when they click rehome, it send a thing to the breeder who can then say yes they can rehome where the horse is then Rehomed, or say no, and that player can rehome it.

I do find it quite annoying when I sell horses and find them Rehomed. I sell alot for free because I can't use them but I know they are good horses that can be used for other projects.

In all I do NOT want rehoming to be taken away but like the idea of only the breeder of the horse to be able to do this
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

If we took away or limited the rehoming feature then people would just create accounts for aging out horses. They would then all die of old age anyway. The way the game is built it's very easy to breed horses so there are a lot of un-needed horses. Rehoming is a nice way to pass on horses you don't need.
Rylie III
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Rylie III »

I don't post often, but seeing this post made me sad enough that I had to say something. I absolutely admire your work and get so excited when I see a new horse of yours on the market. They're always great quality and look fantastic; each one is so unique. You've probably seen me buy quite a few, and I know you've used my studs pretty often. :D If I ever rehomed one of your foals (and I'm quite sure I haven't), I deeply apologize! Please don't stop sharing your foals, because that's what makes this game great!

As others have already said, there are many ways to avoid this, most of the time. I'm sure much of your problem has been selling horses for $1, especially when you have quite a bit of training into them. It's been a huge help to me, and others I'm sure, but most people are willing to pay a fair price for a nice horse. When you essentially give a horse away, there's a good chance it's going to be bought by a new player, someone who doesn't have much invested in the game, etc.

Another thing that might help is to put the horse up for offers only, and make it clear in the sale ad and/or horse description that anyone who rehomes the horse will be blacklisted from buying any horses from you in the future. If you still want to give them away, you can do that, but at least it would happen less often that way.
amithril
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by amithril »

I am all for some change in the rehoming feature that prevents abuse, unfortunately I don't see it happening any time soon with other alternatives available to prevent it. I watched a purebred Kabarda foal (RARE on the public stud market; I have had to keep one of my own available off and on just in case because the rest are owned by players that don't play HWO anymore) get rehomed by a buyer that paid 5k for it. It was a foal from a line of Kabardas I had created in order to make the Karachia breed, which for players doing quests would have absolutely been a very useful foal! I have tried the "sell at a higher asking price" method and it doesn't work if there is zero interest in the horse or it's breed.

I feel that horses that are members of breeds with fewer than 150-300 individuals should not be able to be rehomed except by the original breeder. Regardless of whether there is enough players interested in owning/breeding the breed. BUT: that is my opinion.
I sell the horses I used to create the quest breed, too, in hopes another player doing the quest can have an affordable shot at trying to complete the quest and 90% of the time they get bought to "age out" or rehome. I myself being a questing player find it frustrating when I can't find a horse in the cross I need, especially if the cross is composed of "rare" breeds [example: Murgese (49 active horses) x Salerno (121 active horses) as half the cross required for creating an Esperia Pony; a quest I currently have]. I used to forget to put horses on my side stud account to freeze them until I needed them, so I am always having to create new lines of certain ancestral breeds such as the Sardinian because it is very hard to find one available that is being sold or publicly studded at a fair market rate by an owner that still plays the game.

The only main way to avoid them being rehomed is to ask for offers only, which I will have to begin to do to prevent horses I spent weeks--->months creating from being erased by a player that doesn't see the same value. Rehoming is a feature that, as much as I dislike, is still useful (especially for my own goals) and likely will not change. Due to space, I often end up rehoming my own foals that don't fit what I need to do the quests I am working on or that don't fit the quality I want from my Pindos Ponies being that I am breeding some of the highest HGP members of that breed currently. I refuse to rehome a horse that was bred by another player, however. To me it's a little like buying lemonade from a kid and dumping it out right in front of them.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

amithril wrote:I am all for some change in the rehoming feature that prevents abuse.
The rehoming feature works exactly as it is intended to. It's impossible to "abuse" something that's just deleting data with no personal gain.
I've accidentally rehomed horses that I didn't mean to before, mostly if I was in the middle of a breeding spree and forgot to check something before yeeting, but that only impacts me. If we weren't able to rehome more than a certain number of horses, horses we didn't breed ourselves, etc etc I cannot imagine how myself and other larger breeders would function, as our projects require us to have a LOT of foals and get rid of most of them.
I also don't care to see markets flooded (more than they are) with useless horses people weren't able to rehome.

You can take steps to ensure that your own horses are not rehomable, however.
You can offer horses on an ask-only basis (so players who need the breed come to you), you can ensure that they have at least one living foal before selling them, you can offer your horses for stud instead. As someone who's worked with a few very rare breeds, I completely get where you're coming from- I've given some of the stepping stones away to other players and have no idea what's happening with them now :lol:

Really, when you're selling a horse, you're giving up all control over what happens to it. I've defended against rehoming by ensuring that my stock are competitively viable- or at least, possible to breed in that direction- which is a direction you could take your breeds if you choose to stick with any of them for a long enough period to work on a competitive bloodline (which means that the horses are too valuable to be rehomed).

And again- just one living foal means that the horse can't be rehomed. So you can always do that.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 7:03 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:03 pm