Community Forum

☼ Sunny Hollow Farms: Breeding Tennessee Walking Horses

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

☼ Sunny Hollow Farms: Breeding Tennessee Walking Horses

Post by terrasunshine »

Hello everyone!

I'd like to begin by sincerely thanking the community here on HWO. I joined on Halloween, fell in love immediately with the genetics and the ability to go at my own pace here, and most importantly, with the community. Several members have reached out, provided very generous assistance to get this breeding project off the ground, and all-around it has been truly wonderful experience joining you all here.

~
On to the good stuff: Sunny Hollow Farms is breeding Tennessee Walking Horses!

There are less than 300 active TWH right now. I'd like to change that. I love the variety of Arabians, Thoroughbreds, and other horses you may see frequently in horse circles in America. But the Tennessee Walking Horse is another beloved and beautiful breed, suited toward saddle-seat competitions and trail riding. I'd like the TWH to become another hot-breed in the competing world, with beautiful coats for breeders to enjoy, and strong characteristics to add to other breeds.

~

There are no particular characteristics I'm currently looking for, but I will continue to refine the horses into how I prefer as I go.

~

I would also be interested in a partnership with a competing trainer; I am currently very focused on my breeding projects but would love to provide competition stock to trainers to allow my horses to compete. This would come later down the line.

~

If you are interested in a future Sunny Hollow Tennessee Walking Horse, feel free to reply here. I will keep a waitlist for those who would like to have one. Please understand it will take some time before I have enough stock to begin dispersing foals. At this time there are no particular colorings that I have available or can predict.

Please do not quote - I am subscribed!

~

Thank you again to everyone for your assistance and support! I can't wait to give back.

~

Waiting List:
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

Re: ☼ Sunny Hollow Farms: Breeding Tennessee Walking Horses

Post by terrasunshine »

UPDATE:

First Tennessee Walking Horse has been born!

Big Iron

He has a five star TWH evaluation, and is the beginning of a wonderful line!
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

Post by terrasunshine »

UPDATE:

Another TWH colt has been born!

Texas Red

Welcome to the family!
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

Post by terrasunshine »

The stock of my Tennessee Walkers is growing steadily!

And I couldn't help but notice I might be able to revive a couple other breeds, as well... so... meet Molina! A Spotted Saddle Horse, of which there are less than 200 in HWO.

Molina
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

These look really good so far!
Let me know when you start popping green/gold movement, I might be interested in a foal at that point :)
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

Post by terrasunshine »

Update: We have our first Grand Champion!

I decided to dip my toes into training, and have gotten a few successful horses so far, but our lady here just secured a Grand Champion title in Saddleseat!

Miss Parton

I hope to continue training and to bring my TWH to the top of the Saddleseat charts, and possibly some other disciplines too!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 pm