Community Forum

Breeding Settings Suggestions

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Breeding Settings Suggestions

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I would like to preface by saying that this is definitely more of a want than a need, and I have no idea how much coding it would take to implement (I also have no idea if anyone else would have any interest in something like this)

I think it would be fun to add settings that, when enabled, add a certain degree of automation to the breeding aspect of the game (with the intent of making things like herds possible to simulate).
Potential settings could include:
-Auto-breed (mares automatically breed with stallions in their pasture if there is space)
-Min/max breeding age (players could alter it; would cut off older stallions/mares from breeding at a specific age, or prevent younger stallions/mares from breeding until they reach a certain age)

Min/max breeding age could maybe be set for the whole farm, and then toggles for individual pastures.

Another potential idea could be having a pasture reassignment that activates every 4-5 (?) years, within selected pastures, to keep the COI of the herd low and give them a bigger gene pool without manually moving around the horses.

There is little to no practical use for this feature, I just think it would be fun to throw a bunch of horses into a pasture and leave them for a few in-game decades and see what happens
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Settings Suggestions

Post by BlackOak2 »

In the future, it was already planned that mares and stallions of breeding age kept in the same pasture do have a possibility of pregnancy. :P

Don't know when or with what release that was intended for implementation though.

But this feature really would be interesting to see what would happen. As for the other ones, I could leave it or take it. Although it might be handy to get a warning when COI jumped above a certain chosen number.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
rosie0922
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Settings Suggestions

Post by rosie0922 »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:I would like to preface by saying that this is definitely more of a want than a need, and I have no idea how much coding it would take to implement (I also have no idea if anyone else would have any interest in something like this)

I think it would be fun to add settings that, when enabled, add a certain degree of automation to the breeding aspect of the game (with the intent of making things like herds possible to simulate).
Potential settings could include:
-Auto-breed (mares automatically breed with stallions in their pasture if there is space)
-Min/max breeding age (players could alter it; would cut off older stallions/mares from breeding at a specific age, or prevent younger stallions/mares from breeding until they reach a certain age)

Min/max breeding age could maybe be set for the whole farm, and then toggles for individual pastures.

Another potential idea could be having a pasture reassignment that activates every 4-5 (?) years, within selected pastures, to keep the COI of the herd low and give them a bigger gene pool without manually moving around the horses.

There is little to no practical use for this feature, I just think it would be fun to throw a bunch of horses into a pasture and leave them for a few in-game decades and see what happens
It would absolutely be awesome to have a setting to retire mares or stallions from breeding to streamline the process as well.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm