Community Forum

Marshmallow Fluff Grade Breed Standard

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Breed Name: Marshmallow Fluff Grade Horse (Marshie)
Origins: The Marshie was created by breeding a heavy pangare Endurance grinder to an outside TB cross mare, and crossing the offspring together over multiple generations. Both sides of the lineage have TB influence, as well as roots in Inhand Jumping stock in the Endurance grinders.
Height: 9-12hh
Build: Light-Very Light
Temperament: Marshies have varying temperament, but a variable temperament (basically anything but Bombproof at birth) is desired.
Uses: Marshies are bred to be racing grinder ponies. They have an emphasis on Speed and Stamina. Strength tends to lag.
Though they are bred to be grinder ponies, a heavy emphasis is on visual appeal.
Appearance: Marshies must have at least a double dilute (cream/cream, cream/pearl, etc). Stallions must have at least one copy of Lp- a "fewspot" expression of the gene is desirable. Due to the Lp, coats will dull to a light brown with age in most individuals, as seen here:
At birth, the coat must appear white.
Marshies may have front stockings, but may not express tobiano markings on the body. They may or may not have feathers and tiger eye, and may have pangare. They must have a standing mane and a thick, long tail.
The tail tends to drop early in life, often before they've even grown out their adult coat:
Naming: At the moment, mares are always named Marshmallow Floof and stallions are always named Marshmallow Fluff. Once the stock reaches a certain point, a brand will be decided on and some horses may have different names.
Stud & Sale Policies: The Marshies are a public line. Though still currently under development, as stats improve, stock, grinders and foals will be available for sale.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

First documented appearance of the face marking gene introduced with the outside mare (which disappeared for several generations)
at birth
at six months of age. the markings are now lighter than the rest of the coat
at about two years of age, varnish has not yet started but the horse has grown out its adult coat. note the buttery yellow coloration on the lower half of the body (including lower legs) caused by a very exaggerated variant of pangare. the white markings are clearly visible.
Last edited by Cypress Creek Elites on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Some expressions of varnish may make the horse appear to have perlino coloration.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff Grade Breed Standard

A foal displaying leopard almost covering the entire body.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff Grade Breed Standard

another facemarked specimen.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 3:35 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:35 am