Community Forum

Tea's SIDE SIDE project: the Quest for Zippy

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Tea's SIDE SIDE project: the Quest for Zippy

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

You may be wondering what I'm talking about.
Well, allow me to enlighten you.

Zippy is my horse. He's like a belligerent child or annoying younger sibling (that could kill me). Thankfully, he has recently stopped attempting to murder me. Which is nice. It could just be the weather though.

He's smoky black but spends most of his time bleached to a color resembling a weird bay. He gets dapples sometimes. He has very minimal white markings and I, personally, think he's gorgeous.
his ego is so inflated I call him handsome 24/7 it's practically a full time job

He would have been gorgeous-er if he'd done what we thought he'd do and been palomino tobiano, but whatever.

Getting the horse to look like him is going to be pretty near impossible, just based on the fact that HWO's models have a more upright head carriage and he holds his head... like a QH.

But I can try to copy the rest of him!

I'm going for a base of AC blood so I can control what goes in, planning to do the darker bay variant with a LOT of sooty so it looks close to black (that's the closest I'm gonna get to his coat color, as HWO's smokey black is JUST black).
I'll be aiming for one of the two lowest white markings on his back legs, and no other white on his body. No feathering (even though he has some IRL), flat mane (short if possible), long chonky tail.
He's Haflinger x APH but I'm just gonna do a grade because that's so much easier.

I will be breeding a line of Zippys. What will they do? I dunno. I'll figure it out once I get them looking like him.
They will all be named Zippy. I will hate myself. You will hate me. Anyone who tries to buy a horse from me will be confused. It's all part of the plan. Nothing to see here :')))))))

The mayhem so far is contained to a single pasture, labeled Zippy (of course).
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/161827
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Tea's SIDE SIDE project: the Quest for Zippy

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Also important to note:
I'm currently on a hiatus (kinda) and I'm basically just collecting horses and waiting for the transfer to end
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 4:20 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:20 am