Community Forum

Picasso Forest Horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
keefesassy
Visit My Farm

Picasso Forest Horses

Post by keefesassy »

Hi! This is my first breeding program! I had an idea to try to breed forest horses with speckles/ patterns, and I was wondering if anyone has any forest horses (either purebreed or mixed) with speckles/patterns. I wasn't able to find any forest horse studs. Thanks! :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Picasso Forest Horses

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Hi!
So, game-generated forest horses (AC horses) cannot have appaloosa or large tobiano patterns, but one thing this game does allow you to do is cross out to other breeds and then breed back to pure (takes four or five generations).
I doubt you'll find Forest Horses that suit your needs, but you can breed them to horses of different breeds that have the patterns you're looking for instead!
codinglibrarian
Visit My Farm

Post by codinglibrarian »

Ahh yes. I have some speckled crossbreeds from my West African Barb projects. They are crossbred but it's a start. Purebred Arabians almost always have a the appaloosa pattern thanks to crossbreeding, so no reason why the Forest Horses can't have it too.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/171094
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Howl »

keefesassy wrote:Hi! This is my first breeding program! I had an idea to try to breed forest horses with speckles/ patterns, and I was wondering if anyone has any forest horses (either purebreed or mixed) with speckles/patterns. I wasn't able to find any forest horse studs. Thanks! :D
Idk if this is something you’re still interested in but if so I have some spare 100% Forest Horses with LP.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/168807
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:42 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:42 am