Community Forum

Just a quick question

Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Just a quick question

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

I've started to do some weight management to my horses, but I wanna know what to give my horses for moderate weight. What I usually give them is the performance mix, 100%, but then they get very fat. Any suggestions on what feed to keep my horses weight moderate?
Emlyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Just a quick question

Post by Emlyn »

Iris rock stables wrote:I've started to do some weight management to my horses, but I wanna know what to give my horses for moderate weight. What I usually give them is the performance mix, 100%, but then they get very fat. Any suggestions on what feed to keep my horses weight moderate?
Type of feed has nothing to do with weight, it is the percentage of feed you give to a horse. May you like a horse as well?

For Example:

If I were to feed a horse 0% feed, the weight would be poor
Now If I give my horse 150% that horse will end up Very fat
To get your horse to gain weight, add in %25 or %5 to the 100% [so %125 or %105] then change it back to %100 feed once reache desired weight.

How to change this:

Get your horse to the desired weight, doing so feed the horse 95% food and take turns until the horse is at Moderate, then once at moderate put the horse on 100% feed in a barn.

Here is the list:
Poor, Very thin, thin, Moderately Thin, Moderate, Moderately fleshy, fleshy, fat, very fat

Now, if your horse is losing and the numbers are red try a different feed because the horse is being given too much food, so the horse will not eat the amount of food.
Last edited by Emlyn on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Iris rock stables wrote:I've started to do some weight management to my horses, but I wanna know what to give my horses for moderate weight. What I usually give them is the performance mix, 100%, but then they get very fat. Any suggestions on what feed to keep my horses weight moderate?
I also have a quick trick for weight management(In a barn)

Set your horse to 60% yellow corn, performance mix, whatever. Then do 35% weight gain. This will lower the weight. Once at desired weight, change the weight gain to 40% and it will stay the same. Sometimes, it slowly increases or decreases, so just keep an eye on that ;)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Emlyn wrote:
Type of feed has nothing to do with weight, it is the percentage of feed you give to a horse. May you like a horse as well?

For Example:

If I were to feed a horse 0% feed, the weight would be poor
Now If I give my horse 150% that horse will end up Very fat
To get your horse to gain weight, add in %25 or %5 to the 100% [so %125 or %105] then change it back to %100 feed once reache desired weight.

How to change this:

Get your horse to the desired weight, doing so feed the horse 95% food and take turns until the horse is at Moderate, then once at moderate put the horse on 100% feed in a barn.

Here is the list:
Poor, Very thin, thin, Moderately Thin, Moderate, Moderately fleshy, fleshy, fat, very fat

Now, if your horse is losing and the numbers are red try a different feed because the horse is being given too much food, so the horse will not eat the amount of food.
Tysm! This will help
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
I also have a quick trick for weight management(In a barn)

Set your horse to 60% yellow corn, performance mix, whatever. Then do 35% weight gain. This will lower the weight. Once at desired weight, change the weight gain to 40% and it will stay the same. Sometimes, it slowly increases or decreases, so just keep an eye on that ;)
Thanks for the trick!
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Iris rock stables wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: I also have a quick trick for weight management(In a barn)

Thanks for the trick!
Np :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 3:35 am

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:35 am