Community Forum

Arappaloosas and Training Horses

horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Arappaloosas and Training Horses

Post by horsegirl008 »

Hey...so I have a couple of questions:

1. If you have or know of someone who is trying to sell a pinto/appaloosa Arappaloosa or Arabian, please let me know! The same goes for a public stud. I'm trying to start up an Arappaloosa or Arabian line (haven't quite decided yet :? ) and I need some foundation horses. TBH, I'll take any other breed but I'm hoping for anything with an Arabian pedigree :D

2. Annnnnd...how do you people train horses so fast?! What's the secret to it??? I try to train my horses occasionally and the horse ends up being like 4 years old before I'm even halfway done training it :roll: :lol: Help!
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Arappaloosas and Training Horses

Post by Alyssa Davis »

horsegirl008 wrote:
2. Annnnnd...how do you people train horses so fast?! What's the secret to it???
Answer for question two:
There are great training guides that you can use:
How-to: Train Fast & Effectively | My Method
And also, player training courses! If you don't know how to get there, go to Menu > Player > Skills > Training. They cost HWO money but they give you a boost to your training!
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Thanks so much - I'll check it out :D
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Alyssa Davis wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:
2. Annnnnd...how do you people train horses so fast?! What's the secret to it???
Answer for question two:
There are great training guides that you can use:
How-to: Train Fast & Effectively | My Method
And also, player training courses! If you don't know how to get there, go to Menu > Player > Skills > Training. They cost HWO money but they give you a boost to your training!
I read your post - very helpful! But about the player training courses, when I go there, it shows everything EXCEPT the button to start a course! Help! Again!
Here's what the page looks like (sorry for the EXTREMELY long link :lol: ):
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BxTmf ... authuser=0
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsegirl008 wrote:...
Your link doesn't work, for me at least.

Anyway. You can only have one player skill being learned at any one time. So if you have any other player skill in process, from Horse Ownership, Training, OR Competition Management, you'll need to at least pause that one, before you'll be able to start any training courses. Plus, you may need to refresh the page to see the buttons pop up.

And don't forget! Once a course ends, you'll need to also hit the 'finish' button. :D

Other than that, here's a few additional hints about training.
Start with stamina first. That'll take about 80% of your entire horse-training time. So if you train a horse in 5 years, then about 4 years will be solely focused on training stamina.
Same goes for learning your player skills, focus on time saver and stamina skills first. These will help shorten the entire training time of a horse.

With no player skills learned, it'll take any of us between 5 and 7 years to fully train a horse. At about halfway through the player skills (either halfway through all of them, or halfway through with stamina and time-saver being done), you'll be training in somewhere just under 4 years. Fully maxed on training skills, it'll take you somewhere under 3 years for full training, but that also depends on your methods for training.

We all use the basic training guides and then leap off of them to hone our own preferred methods. There are additional training guides under the training section of my quicklinks.

For the available breeds you're looking for. Arabians are a dime-a-dozen. So you must be looking for something fairly specific in an arabian. AC arabians are quickest pulled from the AC. Those for sale... a hint for looking for them, is to set your filter for 4 year olds and older and choose the price from $1 to... whatever you feel comfortable affording, say, $20,000. No AC horse comes from the AC under 4 years, so 4 years will be your minimum. If you find still too many pages to go through, set the minimum and maximum heights at... 12.3 and... 17.0 hands. That should further filter out a lot of them.

Also, for arappaloosa's, don't forget that you can create your own line by crossing appaloosa stock to arabian stock. Following the Wiki will help you get there. You may also want to get the book and evaluate your parent horses to see how close they are to the arappaloosa. The closer they are, the better chance you should have.

There's also the option of taking non-pure arappaloosa's and breeding them until they're pure again.

There is currently one stallion, an arappaloosa up for sale right now that you can get your hands on easily. If you find a grade horse, breed him to her, wait until a filly pops then breed the filly to her father. In this way, you'll work back quickly into purebred status.

Otherwise, I would suggest making your own line from an appaloosa and an arabian (or a few of them). There are a number of mixed, part and half appaloosas on market. I could suggest looking at one of those.

Or, the final option is creating the breed from scratch. Which would take you all the way back to AC stock. That may be a little trek for you, but could be something you might choose.

Hope that's helpful!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Wow, thank you SO much! That totally helped, and what you said about refreshing the player skills page did the trick :D Thanks!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links