Community Forum

Just Joined and Wanted to Say Hello!

Callen
Visit My Farm

Re: Just Joined and Wanted to Say Hello!

Post by Callen »

Alyssa Davis wrote:
Callen wrote:...
There's a lot of behind-the-scenes work here, that's for sure. It has certainly changed over the years. But yes, we do have very helpful admin and patient senior players with much available advice.

I understand childhood dreams. If I am being honest, I rode in lessons with multiple grown adults when I was a kid. The trainer would use me as an example for them. Even now, I still see adults who have never been around horses before taking lessons, so it's not an uncommon thing, trust me.
I have noticed that there is some huge server move currently going on. While I am not tech-savvy or anything, it is very hard work to move all files on this website to a saver server. My protecting app went crazy when I first typed in Horse World Online's address. It picked up on the host, Cloudflare's interesting files. Said it was untrustworthy and therefore HWO was as well. If I am correct, the server move is most likely changing hosts and whatnot to be safer. But, of course, I could stand corrected.

Good to know. I have a pinch of stage fright that flares up whenever I get embarrassed. I assume I'm thinking that I'll get stage fright on horseback and make a bad example for the kids. Nothing will hurt if I at least try, am I right?
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Ah, that is interesting. I've never encountered fishy behavior on this site, I've been on it for a bit. I'm sure players would be abuzz if something was off, as well.

There are also private lessons you can get, and I'm positive there should be specific beginner classes for adults. Just know that everyone has their own timetable when advancing in riding, nobody is the same!
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Callen wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Welcome to the game!

It seems like you're being well taken care of. :)
So I'll say no more, for now! :mrgreen:
Thank you kindly! All of you are so welcoming, but I do have to realize that you may have some sketchy players, as all things have.

Yes, I am, very well taken care of indeed. Though I am always open to tips and tricks that any may have to offer.
Yes... we do have some sketchy players. For the most part [at least in forum communication] the community has them pinged and leave them alone. They play their game and we play ours (and clean up some of the mess that some other players get into with them from time to time, most often, newbies or returnees).
There are few pot-stirrers and trolls around here. We pretty much already booted those types out or they're content to play their game without getting into ... ehem... other games.

So, although I'll say: 'HWO is an inviting, fun and safe place to play.'
I'll also say: 'But even on here, remember your internet safety rules.' ;)

Most of the currently playing senior members are quite safe and friendly and very willing to help you through whatever problems you might come across. Junior members are our welcome wagoneers and very often guide our newbies where they need to go, if not outright answer the questions themselves. Newbies ;) sometimes become overwhelmed by the information and vastness that is HWO, but if they're free enough to ask questions and aid, we get them back on track fairly quick.

So, in light of that, if you happen to ask a question and it's not answered after 24 hours, manually bump it back to the top, sometimes we do miss a topic. :D

And finally.
Do you see my quicklinks below in my signature? That's a great reference that the community often uses. If you're a do-it-yourself'er (like I am), you'll find that most useful. If you're not a do-it-yourself'er, then my best advice is to tackle one thing at a time. It takes time to learn everything this game is capable of. But, to get to those top board rankings, you really don't need to learn any of it. :lol: For those interested in the mechanics and behind-the-scenes... then you'll find a vast amount of that... mostly in my quicklinks. :mrgreen:

Feel free to ping me if you have questions you want me to answer, but that doesn't mean another may answer in my stead. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Callen
Visit My Farm

Post by Callen »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Callen wrote: Thank you kindly! All of you are so welcoming, but I do have to realize that you may have some sketchy players, as all things have.

Yes, I am, very well taken care of indeed. Though I am always open to tips and tricks that any may have to offer.
Yes... we do have some sketchy players. For the most part [at least in forum communication] the community has them pinged and leave them alone. They play their game and we play ours (and clean up some of the mess that some other players get into with them from time to time, most often, newbies or returnees).
There are few pot-stirrers and trolls around here. We pretty much already booted those types out or they're content to play their game without getting into ... ehem... other games.

So, although I'll say: 'HWO is an inviting, fun and safe place to play.'
I'll also say: 'But even on here, remember your internet safety rules.' ;)

Most of the currently playing senior members are quite safe and friendly and very willing to help you through whatever problems you might come across. Junior members are our welcome wagoneers and very often guide our newbies where they need to go, if not outright answer the questions themselves. Newbies ;) sometimes become overwhelmed by the information and vastness that is HWO, but if they're free enough to ask questions and aid, we get them back on track fairly quick.

So, in light of that, if you happen to ask a question and it's not answered after 24 hours, manually bump it back to the top, sometimes we do miss a topic. :D

And finally.
Do you see my quicklinks below in my signature? That's a great reference that the community often uses. If you're a do-it-yourself'er (like I am), you'll find that most useful. If you're not a do-it-yourself'er, then my best advice is to tackle one thing at a time. It takes time to learn everything this game is capable of. But, to get to those top board rankings, you really don't need to learn any of it. :lol: For those interested in the mechanics and behind-the-scenes... then you'll find a vast amount of that... mostly in my quicklinks. :mrgreen:

Feel free to ping me if you have questions you want me to answer, but that doesn't mean another may answer in my stead. 8-)
That is good that those things get resolved quickly, it's never good to have sketchy players running around freely. I assume there still may be some, if I am correct, that are still around but players leave them alone.

I will most definitely ask questions when needed. Either that or try and find the answer myself ;)

Your quick links seem to hold everything a player could ask for, even possibly more. I love the vastness and organization on it. Simply extraordinary! Well, I don't see how I would expect any less from you. You seem iconic and very knowledgeable :)

I have just learned how to properly ping, and, if you don't mind, I'll practise it here:
BlackOak2 wrote: Ping
Let me know if it works!

Cheers!
Callen
Visit My Farm

Post by Callen »

Alyssa Davis wrote:
Ah, that is interesting. I've never encountered fishy behavior on this site, I've been on it for a bit. I'm sure players would be abuzz if something was off, as well.

There are also private lessons you can get, and I'm positive there should be specific beginner classes for adults. Just know that everyone has their timetable when advancing in riding, nobody is the same!
It could've just been my Norton antivirus app acting up, it tends to do that when there is an overload of ads.

I think I'll start with private lessons, then if my instructor thinks I can progress, I will. I have already found an affordable stable with good reviews, so fingers crossed!
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

I'm going to be in the chat room at the beginning of the next hour, if you want to chat!
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
Callen
Visit My Farm

Post by Callen »

Alyssa Davis wrote:
I'm going to be in the chat room at the beginning of the next hour, if you want to chat!
Thank you for notifying me!

I may hop on, but it depends on how long it takes me to finish up my turns, my current untrained grinder is doing decently well! :)
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Callen wrote:
Alyssa Davis wrote: I'm going to be in the chat room at the beginning of the next hour, if you want to chat!
Thank you for notifying me!

I may hop on, but it depends on how long it takes me to finish up my turns, my current untrained grinder is doing decently well! :)
I'm glad to hear that! That's always a great victory feeling. :lol:
I'd love to get to be internet acquaintances.
Callen
Visit My Farm

Post by Callen »

Alyssa Davis wrote:
Callen wrote: Thank you for notifying me!

I'm glad to hear that! That's always a great victory feeling. :lol:
I'd love to get to be internet acquaintances.
Indeed, especially when I managed to snag her for $10.

Same here, though I just got a text from my bf and I need to go,

See you again?

Cheers!
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Callen wrote:
Same here, though I just got a text from my bf and I need to go,

See you again?

Cheers!
No problem, next time! I'm always free, ping me when you're available.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 10:28 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:28 am