Community Forum

Looking for info on Thoroughbreds

RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Looking for info on Thoroughbreds

Post by RoseeDelight »

Hey guys, I've been playing for a while but not ever involved with Thoroughbreds. Now I'm about to go into Morgan breeding and need Thoroughbreds to breed them from scratch. I am wondering, what is the highest gp I can expect to find in Thoroughbreds?
Like in Arabians, you'll find 69-70k stallions on the market all the time, cheap and expensive, and if you didn't know you might think that's the limit because there are so many, but if you look you can find 71-72k studs on the market, and I've never seen one for sale, but I've even seen some 73-74k ones in existence. So, like the 72k studs in Arabians, what am I likely to find in Thoroughbreds?
And who are the best breeders to order from, if I'm going to do that, would be my next question.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for info on Thoroughbreds

Post by EclipticEnd »

RoseeDelight wrote:I am wondering, what is the highest gp I can expect to find in Thoroughbreds?
And who are the best breeders to order from, if I'm going to do that, would be my next question.
I'd say that 66,000+ HGP can and have been bred, but usually in the market you'll be looking at 55,000-62,000 HGP. I don't think I've ever personally seen a 70,000 HGP TB.

From my experience in the past, these players have produced some Thoroughbreds with good heart:
-HorzeLover101
-Arrow3
-Blueriver601
-TallPines

I'm not sure if they're still doing TBs or if they're all still playing, but I've bought and trained at lease one horse from each of them as well as gotten that horse titled to test that heart gene. These four have made horses with strong 75%-100% win rates.

That's just based on the horses that I've bought from the market that I've trained and titled, though. I'm not personally a TB breeder and I'm just going off my experience as a Trainer and Champer. I'm sure there's a lot more breeders who produce great Thoroughbreds that I simply haven't tried out yet.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 7:18 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:18 pm