Community Forum

Thinking Of Leaving...

Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Thinking Of Leaving...

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Not going to lie, real life has been super stressful, and my depression has come back full force... I really can't find a reason to stay on. Anyone have something that'll change my mind? I really don't wanna leave, but rn I don't really have a choice....
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Thinking Of Leaving...

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:...
If I'm being perfectly honest, taking breaks from games is perfectly normal.
It sounds like my situation right now. I need to leave my barn, but I'm finding it difficult to because of my dedication and love for it. At the same time, it's tearing me down. So, I need to just leave.
We will always be here if you just choose to take a break.
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Not going to lie, real life has been super stressful, and my depression has come back full force... I really can't find a reason to stay on. Anyone have something that'll change my mind? I really don't wanna leave, but rn I don't really have a choice....
Aw man, life really sucks sometimes :( You can do it! Push through! We will totally understand if you need to take a break from the game. Maybe this will help:

"But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not become weary, they will walk and not faint."
-Isaiah 40:31
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsegirl008 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Not going to lie, real life has been super stressful, and my depression has come back full force... I really can't find a reason to stay on. Anyone have something that'll change my mind? I really don't wanna leave, but rn I don't really have a choice....
Aw man, life really sucks sometimes :( You can do it! Push through! We will totally understand if you need to take a break from the game. Maybe this will help:

"But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not become weary, they will walk and not faint."
Please be careful how often and where you share such things regarding religion on the game.
It's a hot topic and one we try our best to avoid on HWO. And it's because it incites a lot of drama, arguments, different views and so forth. Not to mention the uglier sides of these things.

We have many, many different types of beliefs and denominations here.

Nothing wrong, just be mindful, please. :mrgreen:

Gabby_Woodlark, I'm sure you know already what I'd say. Depression can be a delicate thing. Forcing through things may not always be the answer (but sometimes, it can be).
Do]/i] look for those little things. Sometimes returning to 'simple' can offer a reset on our minds, bodies and beings. If you're looking for a reason to stay, then it's perhaps the moment in time where you need to take a break. On the other hand, taking a break could plunge you into real life and all that it offers.
What can I say to convince you to hang around the game? Hmm...
Today is day ONE of the 31 days of halloween. :twisted: That's my best fighting words. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

Well, you know I just announced I am quitting. I will tell you now why. I have come to the realization that my real life, my relationship with the people around me and the things I want to accomplish in life, are not getting as much dedication as they should. Sorry to already go against what BlackOak2 was saying, but there is only one purpose we can have in our life that will give us meaning, and if we are not focusing on our one purpose wholeheartedly, we'll often start to lose sight of it and forget what we're here for and lose the dedication and desire to go on, which can be a cause for depression, though of course I don't know what you're going through. I don't mean to say it's the only cause but it can be a contributing factor if you don't know where you're headed and what you're here for.
So many people spend too much time on the internet, and this is a big distraction and addicting. I do not have social media at all, but even this is proving to be too much, which is why I am quitting. This game is fun but will get you nowhere.
I don't know what you believe and I hope I am not offering an opinion you really didn't want, but here is what I believe, and I hope I am somewhat helpful.
Blessings to you no matter your decision!
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

horsegirl008 wrote: Aw man, life really sucks sometimes :( You can do it! Push through! We will totally understand if you need to take a break from the game. Maybe this will help:

Yes, it truly does. Thank you, I just need to take a simple, but long break. I'm sure I'll eventually return if I leave anyway :lol:
Alyssa Davis wrote: If I'm being perfectly honest, taking breaks from games is perfectly normal.
It sounds like my situation right now. I need to leave my barn, but I'm finding it difficult to because of my dedication and love for it. At the same time, it's tearing me down. So, I need to just leave.
We will always be here if you just choose to take a break.
Also true. Hey, I take breaks from almost all games I play xD That's how I was with MD's barn. Eventually I decided to leave, though it was hard leaving the horses I loved. I felt I was betraying everyone.
BlackOak2 wrote:
Please be careful how often and where you share such things regarding religion on the game.
It's a hot topic and one we try our best to avoid on HWO. And it's because it incites a lot of drama, arguments, different views and so forth. Not to mention the uglier sides of these things.

We have many, many different types of beliefs and denominations here.

Nothing wrong, just be mindful, please. :mrgreen:

Gabby_Woodlark, I'm sure you know already what I'd say. Depression can be a delicate thing. Forcing through things may not always be the answer (but sometimes, it can be).
Do]/i] look for those little things. Sometimes returning to 'simple' can offer a reset on our minds, bodies and beings. If you're looking for a reason to stay, then it's perhaps the moment in time where you need to take a break. On the other hand, taking a break could plunge you into real life and all that it offers.
What can I say to convince you to hang around the game? Hmm...
Today is day ONE of the 31 days of halloween. :twisted: That's my best fighting words. 8-)

I agree, depression is delicate and shouldn't be taken lightly. Many of the people who are at my college like pretending to be depressed to be tacky and to get all of the attention because people will feel bad for them. In reality, you don't really show it if you are depressed. You are able to sort of control yourself near people, not be all mopy and sad, with shoulders hanging and black clothing. That's just all-out stupidity. HWO has helped me in the past with depression as it takes my mind off of things, but now, with huge breeding projects and people requesting training, it gets more stressful and piles on anxiety. If I leave, I won't have the support of all of y'all. If I don't leave, I'll just keep getting stressed.

That is one reason to stay- Who doesn't like Halloween and the potential updates that come with it? :lol: :mrgreen:

RoseeDelight wrote:Well, you know I just announced I am quitting. I will tell you now why. I have come to the realization that my real life, my relationship with the people around me and the things I want to accomplish in life, are not getting as much dedication as they should. Sorry to already go against what BlackOak2 was saying, but there is only one purpose we can have in our life that will give us meaning, and if we are not focusing on our one purpose wholeheartedly, we'll often start to lose sight of it and forget what we're here for and lose the dedication and desire to go on, which can be a cause for depression, though of course I don't know what you're going through. I don't mean to say it's the only cause but it can be a contributing factor if you don't know where you're headed and what you're here for.
So many people spend too much time on the internet, and this is a big distraction and addicting. I do not have social media at all, but even this is proving to be too much, which is why I am quitting. This game is fun but will get you nowhere.
I don't know what you believe and I hope I am not offering an opinion you really didn't want, but here is what I believe, and I hope I am somewhat helpful.
Blessings to you no matter your decision!

I will admit, HWO itself is addictive... Possible too addictive. Any social platform- Any place where you have access to the internet has its addictions. That's just the way of the world. Games are made with the main goal to have people addicted to it and stay on them, supporting their further development. Unfortunately, addictions are not good. If you control it reasonably, then maybe you can keep that addiction, but that's no excuse. It slowly takes away your life away from fresh air and makes that ever-shining screen present and immediately something to go to when bored. You don't pay attention to family members, friends, or other, very important things that go on in real life.

Depression, for me, was caused by all the stress of real life and the doubts that constantly pressed me. I always ran to the screen for comfort, but now I feel it has made it worse.

So, to keep it short, I do agree with you completely, and understand your situation. The day the internet and screens were created was one of the most impacting things that were made, whether for good or for worse.

And thank you to all of you for the support y'all have always given me <3
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Aw, I hope everything will be ok in the end.. if you do take a break or leave, just remember we will fully welcome you back again :). I've been going through a tough time, but as I said, in a post before; that I will prob move to the eastern side (Not saying where because like- private- :?) of the U.S. 2025-2026 area.

But I really hope that you will be ok and live a happy life w/ your husband and your animals (:
Soleil
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soleil »

Oh no... Although everyone's experience with depression is unique, I know how that feels to be stuck in a 'pit' of just overwhelming stress.

Just remember, all of us are here for you through good times and bad! You can get through this, I know you can <3 If you need a reason to stay... just remember your friends are here and willing to walk through a tornado for you :twisted:
...Breeding high quality equines and training future champions since 2022.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 pm

It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 pm