Community Forum

URGENT PLEASE READ (feel free to leave a ping!)

Spartan Onyx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

URGENT PLEASE READ (feel free to leave a ping!)

Post by Spartan Onyx »

So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full on extinction!
please note that its hard work, a little expensive and quite tedious to do but id like to see how many others would be up for the idea of starting a group or a club based on bringing all the rare breeds back to a healthy number?
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: URGENT PLEASE READ (feel free to leave a ping!)

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Spartan Onyx wrote:So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full on extinction!
please note that its hard work, a little expensive and quite tedious to do but id like to see how many others would be up for the idea of starting a group or a club based on bringing all the rare breeds back to a healthy number?
I would be extremely interested. I already have a steady collection of rare breeds. Do you need anyone to make the post for the group? I'm always willing ^^
Spartan Onyx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Spartan Onyx »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Spartan Onyx wrote:So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full on extinction!
I would be extremely interested. I already have a steady collection of rare breeds. Do you need anyone to make the post for the group? I'm always willing ^^
of course! if youd like to set it up id absolutely be interested in kicking it off i also just bred my very first legit bred ban-ei as well and hes up for stud

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3680977
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Ooo, I would love to join. I have already 3 different projects going on rn. I have Arabian x Dutch Warmbloods, Tennessee Walkers x Arabians, and purebred Standardbreds :). Plus having this group will really help the community with using extraordinary breeds. I will definitely join :D
HeartlandFreeze
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HeartlandFreeze »

Spartan Onyx wrote:So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full-on extinction!
please note that it's hard work, a little expensive, and quite tedious to do but id like to see how many others would be up for the idea of starting a group or a club based on bringing all the rare breeds back to a healthy number?
I have noticed this to and love the idea i have quite a collection of rare horses I'm working on repopulating
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Spartan Onyx wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: I would be extremely interested. I already have a steady collection of rare breeds. Do you need anyone to make the post for the group? I'm always willing ^^
of course! if youd like to set it up id absolutely be interested in kicking it off i also just bred my very first legit bred ban-ei as well and hes up for stud

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3680977
I will be happy to do that- give me about an hour and it'll be finished, I'll post it here for you to copy and paste unless you'd like me to make the official post :)

Ooh, congrats :D
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Hey there!! I enjoy putting myself through the pain of breeding rare breeds lol. I'm currently working on connemaras, so I would be on board with helping boost some of the breeds created from them!! Poney Francais de Selle only have 19 horses so if we put a club together for this I'm on board!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I was working on breeding all of the breeds in the game for a while before I took a break. One of the biggest difficulties I had was finding people to take on the rarer horses without having them be rehomed or aged out without use. It's pretty disappointing when you finally manage a breed with less than 50 in the game... and then that horse gets rehomed by someone else.

As such, I think a club specifically directed towards taking in and increasing the population of rare breeds could be great! It'd give people a place to look for a rare breed if they decide they want to work with one, and it'd also give breeders a place to offload horses that they know they won't use, but also don't want rehomed. Sounds like a win-win to me.
GabbysPets
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GabbysPets »

How does viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40324 look?
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

GabbysPets wrote:
How does viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40324 look?
Might I make one suggestion? I would like to lend a hand in this project, however I don't want it to overstep my current project. As I've stated, I'm on board with helping with certain breeds that pertain to my current project, and for now that's all. I don't want to be starting outside projects that are irrelevant to my current project breed. For example, I would gladly help breed Newfoundland Ponies, Poney Francais de Selle, Irish Draught, and/or Irish Sporthorses. I would have to decline breeding (for example) a Noma Pony as it does not have any relations to my connemaras. So I might suggest making a membership tier for people who want to work with specific breeds, not just whatever is thrown to them ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 pm

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 pm