Community Forum

«| ᘜᗯ |» High HGP Grinder TB Lines ➤ Ongoing Project

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

«| ᘜᗯ |» High HGP Grinder TB Lines ➤ Ongoing Project

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Welcome to The Official Grinder Thoroughbreds Log of Gabby_Woodlark
Where all HGP, golds, and personalities are noticed and appreciated.

Goals

Okay, first of all, welcome to my new and improved (And organized :0) farm log specifically for Grinder Line TBs.
Second, Please do NOT post here. I moved this to a new topic so I could keep the old one organized. Posting here would make all of that deleting of posts a huge waste of time. No longer in effect since it hardly gets any posts anyway. Feel free to comment on this post :)

Goals—

◈ HGP Over 67,000 (In Mares At Least)

◈ 4 Or More Golds

◈ 3 Or More Greens

◈ Either High Speed or High Stamina

◈ Purebred, 7ᵗʰ—9ᵗʰ Generations At Least

(PS: This project will end once I have a good grinder herd, but I will continue to breed grinder-lined TBs as a way to supply myself with extra grinders. None, and I mean none of the horses leftover by any of the projects will be sold. Knabs, possibly, but after I finish them, and when I do, they'll likely be sold for 5mil or more.)

Plan/Path

Kind of like how Ecliptic has it set out in their ʍʍ▿Maelstrom Mongolians log.

Breed the highest HGP mare to the highest HGP stallion. Breed a 67k colt. Breed a 66k filly. Keep breeding until visible grinder potential appears, such as tons of greens/golds. Train all offspring. Test offspring. Whichever does not place 1st-3rd in levels 8+, cull/sell. Those who have champing potential get Fully Champed before being used as a grinder.

Brand and Why?

Our brand for this project is «| ᘜᗯ |». A little modified from my usual high-speed TBs brand.

The theme of the names and the comments are from deep, dark moments in my high school years.

It came to my attention that high HGP grinder TBs were rarely a thing. To help with my grinder needs, I decided to dig deeper. I've been breeding for high speed for a while, but I don't pay attention to HGP. Having high HGP TBs will also help in raising any HGP in my speedy mares.

TBs are found here.

Will edit with more info eventually.

-Gabbs Out

Note to self:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39889
Last edited by Gabby_Woodlark on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Updater-Potater

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Yup. It's that time again.

So far, I have

- Bred a 69k Stallion
- Bred a 66k Mare
- Acquired a 69k Stallion

So, yeah, it's been slowly moving along, but it is moving. I have yet to train the 69k colt to test the grinder potential.

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Gracious :/

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Oh, boy. Yeah. I tried my 69k grinder dude out and he just plummeted. Couldn't win any firsts in levels 8-10, let alone turns/PT. They don't have good grinder potential so I'll definitely have to try and breed that in. Perhaps with Pheonix's popular Arabian/TB mixes? I have a ton of those that get some good turns and PTs in the long run. May be best to cross those dudes with my current mares. Otherwise, I'll just have to stop the project and sell off my stock. As they are high HGP (Some of the highest), they'll go for about 30k each. That's only if the crossing plan flops, though, so nobody get their hopes up.

I'm really itching to get back into Sumbas as that project was fun. We'll see.

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

I-

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Remember when I said I would try crossing with Pheonix's awesome lines? Boy, did it work out :0

I'm training all offspring, and both that are finished (https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3752123 and https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3742344) gave me around 3 PT per turn along with restocking turns after a while in level 10 Endurance. Definitely keepers. I'm going to breed the filly to my highest dude again and see what she pops out :)

Though, the only problem is that they all seem to be stuck at Bombproof, which is hard to get out of lines. Oh, well.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

FINALLYYYYY

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

GUYS, GUYS (+ My other non-male readers <3) I DID IT, I FINALLY DID IT :0

Did what? You may ask

I BRED THE FIRST EVER (Pretty sure the first, if I'm wrong please someone correct me I don't want to steal the spotlight) PURE TB WITH 70K HGP :0

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3768720

He'll be trained by yours truly and used as a private stud for me and my stock. I have high hopes for this beauty :)

If anyone can champ him to TSCh or more, please, please, let me know. He's special to me so regardless of his win % I want him to be one of the best-champed dudes I own. (Basically begging for a champer lol)
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: FINALLYYYYY

Post by horsegirl008 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:GUYS, GUYS (+ My other non-male readers <3) I DID IT, I FINALLY DID IT :0

Did what? You may ask

I BRED THE FIRST EVER (Pretty sure the first, if I'm wrong please someone correct me I don't want to steal the spotlight) PURE TB WITH 70K HGP :0

He'll be trained by yours truly and used as a private stud for me and my stock. I have high hopes for this beauty :)

If anyone can champ him to TSCh or more, please, please, let me know. He's special to me so regardless of his win % I want him to be one of the best-champed dudes I own. (Basically begging for a champer lol)
Gabby this is a HUGE achievement!!! Congratulations :D :D :D He's adorable and I love his name :lol: Best of luck to you and your guy :mrgreen:
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

horsegirl008 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:GUYS, GUYS (+ My other non-male readers <3) I DID IT, I FINALLY DID IT :0

Did what? You may ask

Gabby this is a HUGE achievement!!! Congratulations :D :D :D He's adorable and I love his name :lol: Best of luck to you and your guy :mrgreen:
Thank youu <333
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Gabby this is a HUGE achievement!!! Congratulations :D :D :D He's adorable and I love his name :lol: Best of luck to you and your guy :mrgreen:
Thank youu <333
:D :D
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Pupdate

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Another update by yours truly ✨

Anyway, I've got some good stock coming along. Training my special dude isn't too hard, I'm probably going to train him until he reaches 2 years, 11.5 months so he has all his energy for his upcoming job as a stud. I've also bred a 67k (Highes for mares) TB mix mare who I trained. She isn't too promising for producing stock, but she's a good grinder so she'll take Effort's place once that ancient mare retires.

I've moved almost all of my Knabstruppers to my side account as I'm waiting for the offspring to be trained and tested. I'm also starting to worry about space. I'm running out of it quickly so the Knabs moving helped, but I'll eventually have to take them on again depending on testing results. I'm focusing on Stamina training courses, which are taking almost a full month to do, so taking time out of my day to finish an 8-day horse ownership course when I could be studying movement or whatever isn't high on my agenda.

Yes, I just maxed out a whole bunch of space on my two frozen accounts so they can hold something, but I don't need horses frozen, I need them active and being popped and bred. My other Gabby Woodlark account is a maybe, but that's full of TBs and can't take anymore pregnant mares (Courses maxed out).

Kinda confused, but I'll get there eventually.

Also updated so people can comment on this thread since it doesn't have much posts anyway.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:46 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:46 pm