Community Forum

Potential addition/change to sales market

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Potential addition/change to sales market

Post by BlackOak2 »

Because we have... more than a few... players that are likely under COPPA or COPPA restrictions and we can't communicate directly. Rather, THEY can't communicate with us.

And often times I think of them and this inability. As a community, we do have a few ways we've worked around this, such as: put #horse up for sale if we can purchase X for $$ price.

We've done this a number of times, but it doesn't really reach them on some other helpful levels that I keep feeling they're left out on.

For instance, We have grinders available for those in need. We can put these up with specific instructions on their ads (which can and occasionally does benefit those that can't speak). But I keep returning to the fact that I see so many horses in the markets from players that have never posted in the forums and that only have their breeding report included. It makes me wonder if they need these horses gone, if they're struggling and can't interact with us... etc.

So what I'd like to see (personally) is an option for these COPPA or other restricted accounts is a drop-down option on the top of the horse ad: 'Need To Go'
Or something to that effect.
In this way, we can reach those that need horses gone and ALSO offer small financial incomes that we overlook anyway. And overlook so often because there are so many other horses for so many other reasons.

We, that do market cleaning, specifically look for 'Need To Go' ads (and other likewise entitled or ad-mentioned) and collect them first. These horses generally have little value and very often must be aged out.

Anyway. It would be a nice little addition to reach those that can't communicate otherwise.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Potential addition/change to sales market

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote: Total Support
Even though COPPA protects the underage very well, it also has some downsides for those who NEED to let people know something.

It would probably help them out a lot to add dropdowns in their sale ads. Even though I have never experienced COPPA, from what I know, they can only apply the Breeder's Report in their sales. Adding a 'Need to Go' or other options would help them tremendously.

To put it in a nutshell, I agree. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

love this idea...

reason for selling dropdown:
- Need Money
- No Space
- Transfer

it would be amazing long term to filter in sale for these options maybe.. also a filter or tick box for AC horses. but thats getting off track.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Yeah, a couple options would be great... didn't know if we'd get any, so I went with the most important one to aid our non-communicative members.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 pm