Community Forum

Horse Won't Gain Weight

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
SR121
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Horse Won't Gain Weight

Post by SR121 »

Hello,

I got a Shetland Pony from the AC, and he keeps losing weight. I increased his food to 300%, but he still has a poor wight condition. Is this some type of AC glitch or is it something else?
SR121
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse Won't Gain Weight

Post by SR121 »

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

So if you look at the amount you're feeding him, you're feeding him way more food than he can handle. He can't eat all of it, which is why he's losing weight.
There are two ways you can deal with ponies. You can either put them in a barn on weight gain (the lightest feed, so you can feed the full percent) or you can just leave them in a pasture to tend to themselves. I would personally just put him in a pasture unless you're planning to compete with him.
Always be careful that you're not feeding into the red, because at that point the horse won't be able to consume all the feed and may lose weight.
SR121
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SR121 »

Ohhh, okay. I was feeding him too much to try and get him to gain weight, but this makes sense. Thank you!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

SR121 wrote:Ohhh, okay. I was feeding him too much to try and get him to gain weight, but this makes sense. Thank you!
Start feeding him at 105% then once at the desired weight drop it back to 100% and your horse should stay that weight. While you feed make sure the horse's feed intake is not red :]
SR121
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SR121 »

Alright, thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 11:04 am

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:04 am