Community Forum

Spend $$$ To Reroll AC Horse Stats

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Spend $$$ To Reroll AC Horse Stats

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I think I may have at least talked about it before, but I can't find the topic, so here goes.
We can buy AC horses for 25 PT each. This is a pretty great deal in terms of economy, but sometimes you find a horse you really like, with the color or build you want, and you buy it- and it's in the 20K GP range with multiple reds and terrible confo.
My suggestion is simple: allow us to reroll the BR/Confo/GP of AC horses that haven't been aged OR spent energy yet. (if type affects/is affected by confo, that would have to be rerolled too)

Ideally, this would be an expensive money sink- perhaps 100K for the first roll, doubling with each additional roll?- that would not cause much imbalance in the game, as it would only pull from the pool of possible AC stats for the breed. It would be great for people working on specific starting-from-scratch projects, and would maybe make color/competitive AC projects more viable, as you would have the ability to get a horse that would be more likely to fit into your project- even if you have to spend a couple million to get there.

Maybe there would be a (separate) option to reroll color genes (as well as feathering, if applicable).
Possibly even million-dollar options to reroll the expressions of specific color or marking genes, like sooty expression (in the event someone either didn't want sooty or wanted dapples), tobiano, dun expression, etc. (this would be more complicated to implement). It would make AC horses more customizable, reduce the amount of PT needed for a player to get what they're looking for, and provide an option for someone to make the horse they want if they have the cash but not the PT.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be in terms of coding but it would be a good addition to reduce inflation, and also possibly to reduce unwanted AC horses in the market.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Spend $$$ To Reroll AC Horse Stats

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm liking the idea. I think I like the idea of this being a money sink as well and the rerolls to stay within the AC options for AC stock. Not sure how I think about the rerolling for color though. Except for the occasional glitch horse, we can see the color when we choose the horse

I think... for the most part, conformation genes would already be set though. Since these are also 'visual' (like color), rerolling these would be much more difficult and essentially like choosing another horse. So... something like, spend 25 PT to get a horse and then spend money to make it as close to perfect as we can, it feels a little like too much options and not enough effort. There, I feel, needs to be a block somewhere to keep things fair. So, color rerolling and confo score rerolling would not be a part of my vote.

Plus, I kind of feel like there should also be a limit to rerolls as well. Maybe, no more than five times (alongside the increasing price of each reroll).

I'm wondering as well, if something like this shouldn't be an upgrade feature, or even a purchasable feature. It wouldn't really give any pay-to-win benefits to a person that has it, versus one that doesn't.

I guess, overall, I like the idea, but have mixed feelings on it.

Vote for, but with reservations and exceptions. :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:02 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:02 pm