Community Forum

Question about BREEDING Anglo-Arabians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Question about BREEDING Anglo-Arabians

Post by emorrison787 »

I went to the Breed Wiki Page, and it said to create Anglo-Arabians.. You need an Arabian/thoroughbred x Thoroughbred..

I bred my 63% Arabian/Thoroughbred mare to a Thoroughbred stud..and got a 75% thoroughbred/arabian.. NOT an ANGLO-Arabian

What did I do wrong? Does it have to be 50% arabian/50% thorougbred x 100% thoroughbred ?? somebody please explain to what I am doing wrong? I now have three foals that aren't anglos that were supposed to be.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Question about BREEDING Anglo-Arabians

Post by EclipticEnd »

emorrison787 wrote:I went to the Breed Wiki Page, and it said to create Anglo-Arabians.. You need an Arabian/thoroughbred x Thoroughbred..

I bred my 63% Arabian/Thoroughbred mare to a Thoroughbred stud..and got a 75% thoroughbred/arabian.. NOT an ANGLO-Arabian

What did I do wrong? Does it have to be 50% arabian/50% thorougbred x 100% thoroughbred ?? somebody please explain to what I am doing wrong? I now have three foals that aren't anglos that were supposed to be.
As far as I'm aware, percentage doesn't completely matter so long as the breeds are shown and correct. As the recipe is Thoroughbred x [ Arabian x Thoroughbred ], you'll need one purebred (100%) Thoroughbred and one mixture of Arabian x Thoroughbred.

Breeding new breeds also isn't guaranteed. It can take multiple tries before you get an Anglo-Arabian instead of an Arabian x Thoroughbred mix. My suggestion would be to go to the market, click on book store, and buy the Anglo-Arabian book. This will tell you how good your chances are to make Anglo-Arabians with whatever horses you use it on.

To use an evaluation book, go to a horse's page, then click on the Eval tab. You'll find it to the right of the Gallery tab and directly below the button to put a horse up for stud. Select the breed that you're trying to make, then hit the Evaluate button. The better the evaluation, the better your chances at making the breed. There's other nuances to keep in mind, like how builds interact with each other, but that's the basics of it.

I'm guessing that you're using your mare Biltmoore. She's a 3* evaluation; 15.2hh (needs to be 15.2-17.0 so she's good albeit on the lower end), Very Light build (needs to be between Very Light and Light, she's good there as well), 35.1% size (needs to be between 10%-30% so she's slightly over), and 98% horse type (needs to be between 90%-70% horse type, so again she's over). Size is alright despite being slightly off; you just need a thinner Thoroughbred. Same with Type, since she's only 8% off; you'll just have to find a less horse type stud.

This Thoroughbred stud is a 5* evaluation and similar in price and HGP to the stud you were using; you might get better results with him. Remember, it might take multiple tries for a successful breed creation. Good luck!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 7:08 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:08 pm