Community Forum

Colours please

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Frisb
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Colours please

Post by Frisb »

Does anyone know the colour of the horses in this pasture:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/185701
Thank you
"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit and freedom" ~Sharon Rals Lemon/b]
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Colours please

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

I'll give it my best shot!

Gray w/ pintaloosa markings

Gray

Gray (palomino base)

Liver chestnut

Chestnut

These are some lovely Arabs!! :mrgreen:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Close!
[WS] Rainstorm is a Varnish Grulla/Grullo/Black Dun Blanket Tobiano. They all mean the same thing pretty much, so it's your preference as to how you want to say it; I prefer Grulla. She's possibly a Smoky Grulla (Grulla with one cream gene) but that's only visible as a foal and she's lacking foal pictures. It's hard to say from her progeny as well; I'd assume plain Grulla until proven Smoky. She also has two Tiger Eye genes.

[WS] Dancer is a Grulla/Grullo/Black Dun. It's again possible that he's a Smoky Grulla Dun (Grulla with a cream gene) but he has no foals nor foal pictures so assume plain Grulla until Smoky is proven. He also has Tiger Eyes.

[WS] Prancer is indeed Grey; She's a Grey Dunliano/Palomino Dun. She also has two Tiger Eye genes.

[WS] Thunderstorm is a Red Dun. It's very subtle, but there's a dorsal and tonal shading. Since Zilpha is non-Dun, Rainstorm must be Dun in order for Thunderstorm to also be Dun. Using reverse genetics like this definitely helps with horses covered by heavy varnish such as Rainstorm. Thunderstorm has one Tiger Eye gene.

[WS] Zilpha is indeed a Chestnut. He likely has no Tiger Eye genes.
Frisb
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Frisb »

Thank you both :)
"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit and freedom" ~Sharon Rals Lemon/b]
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Frisb wrote:Thank you both :)
No problem! I'm not very skilled with horse colorings :lol:
Frisb
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Frisb »

EclipticEnd wrote:.
I've got 3 more horses in the pasture linked in the first post if you could tell me their colour it would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Frisb wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:.
I've got 3 more horses in the pasture linked in the first post if you could tell me their colour it would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)
[WS] The Discreet Waterfall is a Varnish Dunskin/Buckskin Dun Blanket with one tiger eye gene I believe.

[WS] Walnut is a Bay Dun with two tiger eye genes. Any socks in this game are technically Tobiano but it's up to you if you want to include that in the color; I normally don't unless the Tobiano is more than socks.

[WS] Cupid is a Dunliano/Palomino Dun with one tiger eye gene.

[WS] Lilac Wings is a Palomino Blanket with two tiger eye genes.
Frisb
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Frisb »

EclipticEnd wrote: [WS] The Discreet Waterfall is a Varnish Dunskin/Buckskin Dun Blanket with one tiger eye gene I believe.

[WS] Walnut is a Bay Dun with two tiger eye genes. Any socks in this game are technically Tobiano but it's up to you if you want to include that in the color; I normally don't unless the Tobiano is more than socks.

[WS] Cupid is a Dunliano/Palomino Dun with one tiger eye gene.

[WS] Lilac Wings is a Palomino Blanket with two tiger eye genes.
Thank you :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 7:26 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:26 am