Community Forum

More notification options

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

More notification options

Post by EclipticEnd »

Sometimes when my internet is slow and take a turn it doesn't register on the page and I have to refresh the page in order for the time to set itself to 6 AM. I'm pretty sure this is just an internet issue rather than a bug, but it means that I end up missing the turn alerts, and therefore miss horses that aren't eating enough or that have reached maturity. I know you can turn on birth and retirement notifications in settings and I've done so, but it's frustrating having to check my farm for horses that have matured or aren't getting enough energy.

I propose the following notifications to be able to be toggled on and be received in the notification area rather than just the turn alert:
-When a horse is not eating enough for energy
-When a horse reaches breeding maturity

Also useful:
-When a stallion that's up for stud hits less than 10% energy and therefore cannot be bred to

As an additional idea, it'd be cool to track customizable ages and able be notified when a horse reaches them. This would be pretty handy for trainers who take pictures at each yearly stage or even every 6 months as well as for height studies since heights finalize at 5 years of age.

I'm not sure how plausible this would be to code in, but an alternative could be to set notifications for specific barns or pastures. Say you have a training specific barn; perhaps a notification tab next to the "Edit Area Description" tab could be added to allow for a notification when only that barn's horses reach 1 and 2 years of age? I can see this being useful for a stud barn as well where you can set a notification to be alerted when they reach 17-19 years of age; it'd remind you to freeze them if you want to before they retire.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: More notification options

Post by BlackOak2 »

Yeah, I could find these helpful too. Having some of these end up in our mail would be super handy.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:02 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:02 pm