Community Forum

Hi :)

PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Hi :)

Post by PoliteFroggy »

Hi, I'm PoliteFroggy! I'm new to this game :) I don't know if there's somewhere I should have checked for this already, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get started? I've had a couple friends who've played this (I'm not sure if anyone remembers spottedleaf10 or Soaring Hooves?) so I know that training is important... but that's pretty much it :lol: I'm excited to start and so sorry if I broke any rules by posting a whole new topic!
Hadriana
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Hi :)

Post by Hadriana »

PoliteFroggy wrote:Hi, I'm PoliteFroggy! I'm new to this game :) I don't know if there's somewhere I should have checked for this already, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get started? I've had a couple friends who've played this (I'm not sure if anyone remembers spottedleaf10 or Soaring Hooves?) so I know that training is important... but that's pretty much it :lol: I'm excited to start and so sorry if I broke any rules by posting a whole new topic!
Hello! I am also new to this website (Joined today like you). I did some research and digging and it doesn't look like you are breaking any rules by making a new topic because others have. Something that helps me is just finding a breeding plan and goal and stick to that for a while. Grinders are also useful.

But lime I said, I'm new too so I'm not very helpful
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

PoliteFroggy wrote:Hi, I'm PoliteFroggy! I'm new to this game :) I don't know if there's somewhere I should have checked for this already, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get started? I've had a couple friends who've played this (I'm not sure if anyone remembers spottedleaf10 or Soaring Hooves?) so I know that training is important... but that's pretty much it :lol: I'm excited to start and so sorry if I broke any rules by posting a whole new topic!
Welcome to the game! Don't worry, posting a new topic is completely fine, especially when introducing yourself. ;)

Here's a post with information for new players, courtesy of BlackOak2. I would also encourage checking out this collection of posts compiled by them as well; this selection in particular is labeled and sorted for the different aspects of the game, such as breeding, breed creation, training, color recognition, and more!

Here's some tips that I can offer myself.

Many experienced players will be willing to give new players Grinder horses for free. These horses are used to enter Local Shows and net you cash, refill your turns, and even get Pony Tokens! They are probably one of the more important aspects of this game and are good when you're starting out. One way of getting money is by using Grinder horses and... well, grinding your way through turns. You can get upwards of $150 per local show, especially if your horse consistently gets first place. You can usually do around five local shows per turn, which would be around $750 per turn at that winning rate. The normal banked amount of turns is six, meaning you can store up to six turns at once. I would say that this is the main way to make money in this game until you can do the next method.

Another way to get money is by entering sponsored player-made competitions. This isn't as guaranteed; there'll be multiple other players, sometimes with multiple horses, entering the same competitions. If you can breed up a horse that does well in them, though, then this could become a good source of income for you.

Training is indeed important. Many players will pay quite a bit to those who have good training skills and are willing to train horses. Training improves the chances of your horses performing at their best in competitions, which is important for Grinders as well as for competitive horses. Maxing out your training skills will take a long time, though. I still haven't maxed out mine all the way. To tell if you're ready to train for other players you'll want to see how fast you can train a horse to around 99.5% in each of their stats. Most players want their horses done before 3 years of age.

I would encourage you to seek out a Grinder, grind up some money, and then look into buying a breeding pair of horses from the market. The breed you get depends on you, but Arabians are pretty starter friendly and the breed itself probably has the highest genetic potential of any of the breeds so far at over 70,000 HGP. Horse genetic potential hints as to how skilled the horse is without seeing conformation, which only premium members can view. For a better idea, the very starter horses from the Adoption center are around 30,000 HGP and the lowest that we've gotten to so far is around 10,400 HGP. Arabians tend to be well suited for the Endurance discipline, and there's plenty of player made shows for players who are interested in competing.

Consider entering any contests that're running as well; the prizes are often horses or money. In my experience they tend to be forgotten about. I know I've hosted multiple with millions in prizes and had only a few people enter, so it's always worth taking a peek in there every now and then.

I also have a sponsorship going in the Horses For Sale section of the forum. You're welcome to give that a look if you'd like.

As for any leftover tips and tricks:
-Lack of feed will not currently impact a horse's health. If you can't afford to feed your horses then don't worry. It'll impact horse energy, which is mainly used for breeding and training, and it'll also impact how well they perform in competitions, but it's not life threatening.
-Inbreeding currently doesn't cause terrible things. Don't panic if you accidentally breed two related horses; many players use this to keep certain genes within their lines of horses, but inbreeding too much will cause a bit of a plateau their improvement in HGP.
-If there's a very specific breed in the game that you enjoy, check and see if there's a breeding community for it. If so, others might help you along your way to breeding that breed.
-Avoid adopting horses from the Adoption Centre unless you need a clean slate for some reason; the Market horses sold by other players are often more established and have better stats, and you can even find AC (Adoption Centre) horses in the Market from time to time; it's usually better to buy them there rather than using Pony Tokens as they're the rare/premium currency in this game.

Sorry for the long answer! Hopefully it was helpful. If you have any questions then you're welcome to let me know. You can quote me (and any other replies) by clicking on the " (quotation marks) on the top right of this message. If you do this then I suggest backspacing away my message since it is rather long. Alternatively, you can type the code used for quoting shown below:

Code: Select all

[quote="EclipticEnd"][/quote]
When using this for someone else, simply replace my username (EclipticEnd) with theirs. Make sure it's in quotations! This is commonly called pinging as it notifies whoever you put within the quotation marks. You can only do one name at a time, so if you're pinging multiple players you'll need to do them all separately. If you'd like to try that out then you're welcome to use my username.
CountryGirl2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CountryGirl2 »

Hi! welcome to the game. EclipticEnd has given you some excellent information.
I see you have started with Turkmene. I would like to offer you this mare https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3593784# for free :D she is bred to Mr Spock
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3398130 he has a Horse Genetic Potential of 66,319 with 4 Gold and one green stat. Should produce a nice foal. The mare is old, but the foal she produces should be nice. If you'd like her just bid $1 on her and I will accept. If you don't want her, no problem, I'll just send her off to my brood mare farm.
Also check out Howl's money giveaway viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40994#p344784 for some cash to help you get started.
PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PoliteFroggy »

Wow! Thanks for all the information, that's super helpful! I'll make sure to check out those links :)
EclipticEnd wrote:
Welcome to the game! Don't worry, posting a new topic is completely fine, especially when introducing yourself. ;)

Here's a post with information for new players, courtesy of BlackOak2. I would also encourage checking out this collection of posts compiled by them as well; this selection in particular is labeled and sorted for the different aspects of the game, such as breeding, breed creation, training, color recognition, and more!

Here's some tips that I can offer myself.
PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PoliteFroggy »

That's so sweet! Thanks so much, I really appreciate that!
CountryGirl2 wrote:
Hi! welcome to the game. EclipticEnd has given you some excellent information.
I see you have started with Turkmene. I would like to offer you this mare https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3593784# for free :D she is bred to Mr Spock
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3398130 he has a Horse Genetic Potential of 66,319 with 4 Gold and one green stat. Should produce a nice foal. The mare is old, but the foal she produces should be nice. If you'd like her just bid $1 on her and I will accept. If you don't want her, no problem, I'll just send her off to my brood mare farm.
Also check out Howl's money giveaway viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40994#p344784 for some cash to help you get started.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Welcome!
You're certainly not breaking any rules - I post new topics a lot :lol:
I know a few others have gotten you started, but I'll introduce myself to you like I do with lots of other new players :)
The account I'm posting off of, horsegirl008, is my main account and on here I work to breed high HGP Arabs and Quarabs. This is my most active account.
My side account, horsegirl008~2, is where I try to breed 4* or 5* Arappaloosas and Miniatures.
Lastly, my freezing account is horsegirl008_freezer. Here I don't age horses and take very few turns, as I have the horses most special to me here. I also hold a few special stallions at stud.
Feel free to check out my farms (I'll check out yours ;)), and definitely let me know if you need help with anything at all! Good luck!
PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PoliteFroggy »

Nice to meet you :) Thanks for the welcome!
horsegirl008 wrote:
Welcome!
I know a few others have gotten you started, but I'll introduce myself to you like I do with lots of other new players :)
The account I'm posting off of, horsegirl008, is my main account and on here I work to breed high HGP Arabs and Quarabs. This is my most active account.
My side account, horsegirl008~2, is where I try to breed 4* or 5* Arappaloosas and Miniatures.
Lastly, my freezing account is horsegirl008_freezer. Here I don't age horses and take very few turns, as I have the horses most special to me here. I also hold a few special stallions at stud.
Feel free to check out my farms (I'll check out yours ;)), and definitely let me know if you need help with anything at all! Good luck!
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Hi there! Here is some topics to help you out, posted by BlackOak2! If you need any kickstart horses, I have plenty!
(I will be hosting a horse sale soon, once I get 60 speed horses on my farm lol). But if you have any quick questions, the community is always willing to help. Usually I am online quite a bit, or at least minimum of being on once a day lol.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8985 (BlackOak Link)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20197&p=134138#p134138 (BlackOak Link)
And here is my farm log if you want to know a bit more about me. I haven't updated it lately, but prob will soon
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39832 (My farm log)
Hope you enjoy this game!
"I couldn’t heal, because it didn’t hurt"

Breeding Quality Racers since 2022

horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

PoliteFroggy wrote:Nice to meet you :) Thanks for the welcome!
horsegirl008 wrote: Welcome!
:D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 pm