Community Forum

Grinder Show?

brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Grinder Show?

Post by brightspace16 »

Hello! this horse was given to me as a grinder! I can not for the life of me figure out what even he scores the best in (at level 10, and gets 1st place). Can anyone tell me or tell me how to figure it out??

Thanks
MysticDaphne
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Grinder Show?

Post by MysticDaphne »

brightspace16 wrote:Hello! this horse was given to me as a grinder! I can not for the life of me figure out what even he scores the best in (at level 10, and gets 1st place). Can anyone tell me or tell me how to figure it out??

Thanks
In my personal experience, you'll just need to experiment with the local shows and see where they perform best!
Arabians seem to perform well in endurance. But just use each turn to try a different show and pay attention to how they place, how much they earn, and whether you get any pony tokens or extra turns.
Some of my grinders earn me a lot more days and pony tokens in level 8 or 9 shows, so don't be scared if your horse isn't doing well in level 10!
All that being said, I don't pay much attention to the actual "scores" since I am looking for turns and pony tokens. So another player might be more help in that area. :)
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

MysticDaphne wrote:
brightspace16 wrote:Hello! this horse was given to me as a grinder! I can not for the life of me figure out what even he scores the best in (at level 10, and gets 1st place). Can anyone tell me or tell me how to figure it out??

Thanks
In my personal experience, you'll just need to experiment with the local shows and see where they perform best!
Arabians seem to perform well in endurance. But just use each turn to try a different show and pay attention to how they place, how much they earn, and whether you get any pony tokens or extra turns.
Some of my grinders earn me a lot more days and pony tokens in level 8 or 9 shows, so don't be scared if your horse isn't doing well in level 10!
All that being said, I don't pay much attention to the actual "scores" since I am looking for turns and pony tokens. So another player might be more help in that area. :)
thanks for the tips!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

If your horse is getting first places in multiple disciplines then you can take the times that show up and compare them to record times and scores; I imagine the closer to those, the better the horse performs at that discipline.

If they're not getting first places at level 10 then try bumping their weight up to Moderately Thin. Your horse is a Very Light build which is good for racing disciplines. Racing disciplines favor Moderately Thin weights. Once the horse's weight is up you can try doing level 10s and you might get some first places. If you don't then try level 9s. I'd suggest Endurance based on the temperament and build of the horse, so keep the temperament at bombproof if possible while gaining weight; this shouldn't be hard if you put it in a pasture until it hits the target weight, and then transfer it to a barn with a feed mix of thereabouts 30% alfalfa cubes, 35% performance and 35% weight gain mix. If you can't balance out feed so that there's more fiber than sugar then you'll have to keep an eye on the temperament. If the temperament rises then pop the horse back into a pasture and grind from there, then when the temperament lowers again you can pop it back into the barn and fix any weight issues if it gained weight.

To figure out the best discipline for the horse you can check its conformation for the highest numbers and see what stats match what discipline. Racing, for example, required a good Speed, Strength, and Stamina number. Builds, evals, and temperament also matter.

Frost has a guide that details what attributes work best when trying to get a record time in the various disciplines. Even if you're not working on record times in particular, they're good for deciding what your horse might best perform in. You can also take a peek at my farm page where I've condensed the information a little.

Based on that guide:

Your horses changeable stats: Bombproof temperament, Poor weight
Your horse's non-changeable stats: Very Light build, 16+hh, 12% Body Size, 86% Horse Type, greens in Speed and Balance and golds in Stamina, Tempo, Agility, and Intelligence. Conformation is unknown to me.

These two disciplines work best with a Very Light build according to that guide:

Endurance:
Bombproof, Moderately Thin, 66k+ HGP
16hh, VL, 5% Body Size, 95% Horse Type
Stamina (60), Speed (45), Agility (40), Tempo (30)

Harness Racing:
High Strung, Moderately Thin, 67k+ HGP
18.2hh, VL, 22% Body Size, 95% Horse Type
Speed (60), Stamina (40), Strength (30), Tempo (30)

Based on the current temperament, Endurance would probably be best. Your horse's BR comments have gold scores for Stamina, Agility, and Tempo and a green for Speed, whereas Strength is a non-colored comment. This leand in favor of Endurance rather than Harness Racing. Height is thereabouts in the recommended range as is HGP, and though body size and type are slightly off it shouldn't matter too much for a Grinder as you're not looking to break any records with it. You'll want to get your horse's weight up to Moderately Thin to better their potential scores and get higher levels in local shows.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 9:30 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:30 pm