Community Forum

How do I judge my competitions?

BlackRiver_Racing1
Visit My Farm

How do I judge my competitions?

Post by BlackRiver_Racing1 »

Hi there I have been wanting to judge my competitions but I had no clue how. If you have any info of how please let me know!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: How do I judge my competitions?

Post by Emlyn »

Horses so cute wrote:Hi there I have been wanting to judge my competitions but I had no clue how. If you have any info of how please let me know!
1. Find out what exactly you are judging for
(Ex: Unique color, high confo, etc.)

2. Judge everyone equally
Ex: if your friend is entered don't just give all the points to the person you like most, because then it wouldn't be fair to the others. Best to not look at the names of participants and just look at the horses and if they meet the criteria involved

3. Set up a scoring category
One that adds up to 100 points (max points) and each thing out be divided up. So if you were to have 5 categories 100/5= 20 points per category. The person with the most points wins.
Have everyone start with 100 points and for everything that does not meet criteria deduct 20 points and so on

4. For a beauty contest, whatever is a very unique coat or whatever the contest if towards (ex: biggest spots, smallest spots, most markings, prettiest coat, etc.)
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Post by MysticSunflower »

Horses so cute wrote:Hi there I have been wanting to judge my competitions but I had no clue how. If you have any info of how please let me know!
If you are talking about the public competitions, those are automatically run and judged based on an algorithm. You don't actually get to pick the winning horses. :)
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

MysticSunflower wrote:
If you are talking about the public competitions, those are automatically run and judged based on an algorithm. You don't actually get to pick the winning horses. :)
Yes these competitions are automatically judged ^-^ but forum competitions are not
― Queen Elizabeth II

BlackRiver_Racing1
Visit My Farm

Ok I mean the form ones that people pay money to enter and their is all the events. It is the comps label on the sidebar.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Horses so cute wrote:Ok I mean the form ones that people pay money to enter and their is all the events. It is the comps label on the sidebar.
Competitions --> Upcoming Events

These are hosted events (competitions that we can make in the Competitions --> My Events section) that the game will automatically judge when the following is met:

There are five entries.
The run date has come.

^Both of these must be met for the competition to run. So if there are four entries, it will not run. However, it will run immediately in the next batch (approximately every five minutes or so), once the fifth entry is entered.

You will not need to do anything.

Does that answer your question? Is there something more you don't understand? Or did we misunderstand your question? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Horses so cute wrote:Ok I mean the form ones that people pay money to enter and their is all the events. It is the comps label on the sidebar.
There are two types.

There are, forum competitions.
And player made competitions.

I am confused on which you are asking for.
If you are asking for forum competitions refer to the first post answering your question and if you are referring to the player made competitions refer to BlackOak2's post. ^-^
― Queen Elizabeth II

BlackRiver_Racing1
Visit My Farm

Thank You SO much BlackOak!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm