Community Forum

Crossbreeding Question

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Faith Diamondheart
Visit My Farm

Crossbreeding Question

Post by Faith Diamondheart »

Hello guys, I'm a newbie to HWO. I have a question about cross breeds and I'm not quite sure how to word it. I bred my NAB with my Shetland Stallion. Do all cross breedings result in a new breed? Or will my filly be a Shetland because her dad is Shetland? A Barb like her mom? Thanks in advance for any replies. :)
twxlip
Visit My Farm

Re: Crossbreeding Question

Post by twxlip »

Faith Diamondheart wrote:Ping
Hey! Welcome :D
So regarding your question, if you were to breed your pair you would get a North African Barb x Shetland (50%). Unless there's an actual breed from that cross.. anyways, If you go to the player tab on your screen it will show a list and at the bottom it will say "Quests". You'll want to click that then scroll to the breeding quests. It will show many many different breeds, in which you will have to unlock by breeding pure and mixed horses together. Though, If you bred two horses that were cross breeds with different horses. Lets say you bred an Arabian x Belgian to a Shetland x Trakehner, You will get a Grade horse. (This is just an example!) One of the starter quests are that you breed an Arabian to a North African barb, you will get a Baladi (If it meets the eval score!). With evaluating horses, you can go to the market and press book store. It'll take some scrolling, but you will find the breed your looking for. I hope my rambling clears some stuff up for you! If you need any help don't be shy to ping me or others! There are also some links I can edit onto here that go more into depth if it makes it easier
“When riding a horse we leave our fear, troubles, and sadness behind on the ground.”— Juli Carlson.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Faith Diamondheart wrote:Hello guys, I'm a newbie to HWO. I have a question about cross breeds and I'm not quite sure how to word it. I bred my NAB with my Shetland Stallion. Do all cross breedings result in a new breed? Or will my filly be a Shetland because her dad is Shetland? A Barb like her mom? Thanks in advance for any replies. :)
Like twxlip said, breeding a NAB to a Shetland will result in a North African Barb x Shetland Pony [50%]; I don't think they're used in any breed recipes together so you won't be getting any breeds from that match, only crosses.

You can breed the foal with a purebred NAB or a NAB of a higher percentage to raise the percentage of NAB within it's foal. Breeding it to a Shetland will have the same impact; this game lets you breed crossbreds back to purebred status. You can breed with another breed and it'll be 50% whatever the other breed is. For instance, if you breed your NABxShetland [50%] with a Turkmene [100%] then the offspring will be called a Half Turkmene [50%]. If you breed two 50% crosses with no common breed, such as NAB x Shetland [50%] and Tarpan x Turkmene [50%] then you'll get a Grade Horse [100%]. Purebreds bred with Grades will have foals that're Half, so like our previous Turkmene [100%] example you'd get a Half Turkmene [50%] again by breeding to a Grade and not a Grade x Turkmene [50%].

Certain breeds do have the ability to create a different breed but the outcomes of breed creation are not guaranteed; the horses will always have a chance to fail at creating whatever breed you're trying to make. Breed creation can be a bit complicated. This guide by Silverine shows which breeds make other breeds. You can also find this information by going to the menu on the left, clicking the Help category, and clicking Breeds Wiki. You can check out my two breed creation guides (1 and 2) for more detailed information on that as well.
Faith Diamondheart
Visit My Farm

Post by Faith Diamondheart »

Thanks very much. This does help alot. I was hoping to get a Caspian Mare and an Arabian Stallion in the future as well. I think that combination produces a Persian Arabian for one of the quests. I like both breeds. Also my main goal is to produce and own mainly cremellos/Whites. Love those beautiful horses. Would you be able to tell me how to message other players? Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Faith Diamondheart wrote:Thanks very much. This does help alot. I was hoping to get a Caspian Mare and an Arabian Stallion in the future as well. I think that combination produces a Persian Arabian for one of the quests. I like both breeds. Also my main goal is to produce and own mainly cremellos/Whites. Love those beautiful horses. Would you be able to tell me how to message other players? Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
How-to: Ping

:)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jnewman06
Visit My Farm

Post by Jnewman06 »

I bred this boy like 5-6 days ago and OMG He has gotten tall!! His Sire is He's A Gladiator (He is a 19.2hh Flaxen Chestnut Pangare Belgain Draft) And his Dam is My Dark Bay Arabian Mare J.N.'s Coconut!!!

Link to Bloody Gladiator's Profile!!!!: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3885995

(Highlight the Link I just pasted then click "Go to https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3885995"!)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:44 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:44 pm