Community Forum

Suggested Breeds

hat creek
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Suggested Breeds

Post by hat creek »

Hey! I am right now running purebred TBs. I am looking to also do a second project. Is there any breeds you suggest me to do? This breed please be under the following...
-Worth a Good Amount of Money
-Not Paint, QH, TB, Arab, Or NAB

This horse can also come with an event I should base them off of. This forum is here because I am out of ideas of projects!<3 :D
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Suggested Breeds

Post by Mini Horse Breeder »

What about Welsh Ponies? :)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

hat creek wrote:Hey! I am right now running purebred TBs. I am looking to also do a second project. Is there any breeds you suggest me to do? This breed please be under the following...
-Worth a Good Amount of Money
-Not Paint, QH, TB, Arab, Or NAB

This horse can also come with an event I should base them off of. This forum is here because I am out of ideas of projects!<3 :D
Anything'll be worth a lot of money if it's pulling good competition scores and purebred, though even Grades can be worth some good money with a high win percentage and a big title to their names. More worth's added if it can be used to make a popular breed as well. Grinders are good for money too, but only if you can get training done for them and have them ready to be sold in time with your breeding. If your Grinder herd's hitting some good scores then they could be used as breeding stock easily which would make them more sought after.

You could try for Akhal-Tekes or Galloways; both are used to make TBs. That popularity means that if your recipe horses are good evals for TBs and are scoring really well then breeders looking to create new TBs might go to you first to buy some recipe horses. It adds a larger audience for sales if the horse can be used for something like that, but also makes them a bit of a niche as you might be relying on those sales based on the popularity of the breed you choose.

Galloways are much rarer that Tekes which could be both good and bad; either they're just not popular or just hard to make, which could mean a higher demand. They're a shorter pony breed which means they wouldn't necessarily eval well for TB without some work; racing-type disciplines aren't necessarily the breed's standard like they are for Tekes. You could try to breed them for Obstacle Driving, Hunter, or Barrels without having to alter them extremely much.

Tekes are more common at over 7k in the game compared to Galloway's 300+. Because they're more popular you'd possibly have an easier time selling them to players looking to expand their own stock rather than Galloways which are used to make more obscure breeds outside of TBs. There would be more sales competition with the higher breed population but competition is what encourages breeders to make higher quality horses. Tekes are easy to breed as they use two AC breeds that're relatively well suited for them. Galloways are more difficult to breed due to the required recipe. Tekes would be good for Endurance, Racing, Harness Racing, and Saddleseat without deviating from the breed's evaluation. Racing disciplines are popular which means a title is worth a bit more because of the higher competition. You can make a pretty penny off of the high-purse comps as well if you've got good horses.

Other breeds to consider could be Andalusians (used to make QH and Friesians which have a niche especially if bred undiluted black | Cross Country, Western Trail/Pleasure), Chicksaws (used to make QH | Cross Country?), or Spanish Barbs (used to make a variety of niche breeds like Florida Crackers | Barrels, Cutting, Reining, etc.).
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Mini Horse Breeder wrote:What about Welsh Ponies? :)
Yeah, I would say Welsh Ponies, or Miniatures! 8-)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 am

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 am