Community Forum

Question on belgian

Barkleyzahra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Question on belgian

Post by Barkleyzahra »

What does an ideal Belgian look like on here like what should all the genetics be and stats ive been breeding them for awhile and im still not familiar with it all.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Question on belgian

Post by EclipticEnd »

Barkleyzahra wrote:What does an ideal Belgian look like on here like what should all the genetics be and stats ive been breeding them for awhile and im still not familiar with it all.
It depends on the discipline you're going into. Most people breed Belgians for Logpull/Driving disciplines. You can get an idea on the best builds for those by taking a peek at the record holders.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Barkleyzahra wrote:What does an ideal Belgian look like on here like what should all the genetics be and stats ive been breeding them for awhile and im still not familiar with it all.
It depends on the discipline you're going into. Most people breed Belgians for Logpull/Driving disciplines. You can get an idea on the best builds for those by taking a peek at the record holders.
My Belgian (not the original Belgians you see on here) is REALLY good at barrel racing
Emlyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

EclipticEnd wrote:
To add on, here's a guide that helps with certain types for certain events ^-^
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35479

You don't strictly have to breed Belgians for driving and log pull, HorzeLover101 breeds belgians for racing, It's just what everyone goes to because Belgians are a draft breed which is mainly focused on strength.

If you want to breed for a realistic looking Belgian they mainly have heavy bodies, short legs, a Roman face shape and they average 16 to 17 hands. Their temperment is generally is docile and friendly,

If you need any help with Belgians, feel free to let me know!
I've been breeding them for about 3 years now and am happy to help and let you use my lines : D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 pm