Community Forum

solved - thanks!

Retsi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Annoying :D

Post by Retsi »

I see, I see. If I knew much about color & pattern genes... I probably would have "fixed ma issue" sooner. What the heck is a breeding pattern 8-) I strongly dislike that they're tethered but I know Larissa did it that way for a reason, are face markings and body patterning connected in real life? I don't know much about those sort of genes as all of my previous lines have been solid colored with no white. I guess I could rehome the long sock foals? Maybe I'll just breed Paints :lol:
⋆ℜ⋆ Roaring River Equestrian ⋆ℜ⋆
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

We haven't fully released all of the markings we have planned. There will be more complex genetics in the future. In real life white marking genetics aren't fully known. Some are caused by known genes, such as tobiano and splash. We've only released ones connected to tobiano so far.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Retsi wrote:I see, I see. If I knew much about color & pattern genes... I probably would have "fixed ma issue" sooner. What the heck is a breeding pattern 8-) I strongly dislike that they're tethered but I know Larissa did it that way for a reason, are face markings and body patterning connected in real life? I don't know much about those sort of genes as all of my previous lines have been solid colored with no white. I guess I could rehome the long sock foals? Maybe I'll just breed Paints :lol:

:D What Tom just said. :lol:

The limited info I do know, is that there are both face markings and leg markings on real life horses that ARE, in fact, tobiano created even though they look like leg and face markings like normal and that there are face and leg markings that are just that and NOT connected to other patterning (paint) genes otherwise. Are other 'paint' markings like tobinao with face and leg markings? ...I'm not sure. I'm sure I was told at some point, but currently I can't recall. :lol:

I suspect that admin released To to us to fulfill our want and desire for face and legs, while also fulfilling a large color release.
i.e. It made us happy. :P

Yes, rehome the socked foals you don't want. Eventually, you'll get to where you want and breed-out those unwanted genes. Also, Silverine's study will help you stick to (or find) the genes you do want and stay away from (or breed-out) the genes you don't want.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Retsi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Retsi »

Thank you guys for helping me out!
Aubergine wrote:His dam??? She has socks, his grand-dam has socks and a snip?
Link a horse you've got up for offers ♡
⋆ℜ⋆ Roaring River Equestrian ⋆ℜ⋆
Aubergine
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Aubergine »

Retsi wrote:Thank you guys for helping me out!
Aubergine wrote:His dam??? She has socks, his grand-dam has socks and a snip?
Link a horse you've got up for offers ♡
Oh I forgot about that part, thank you!

Here you are,
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3305628
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 7:42 pm

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:42 pm