Community Forum

Stumped

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Stumped

Post by Enigma »

Hi! I just purchased this horse. I am needing help with identifying this horse's coat color and pattern(s). Thanks in advance!

Flower Acres Sunshine no Breeze
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Stumped

Post by Silverine »

Enigma wrote:Hi! I just purchased this horse. I am needing help with identifying this horse's coat color and pattern(s). Thanks in advance!

Flower Acres Sunshine no Breeze
Your horse is Silver Amber Champagne - bay + silver + champagne. The horse also has a single tiger eye gene.

Their patterns are caused by tobiano (the stockings) and Lp (the hip blanket). Name-wise you could call them a pintaloosa since they have both To and Lp. Or you could just say they have a blanket as the stockings are low enough that some people prefer not to name them.
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Enigma »

Silverine wrote:
Your horse is Silver Amber Champagne - bay + silver + champagne. The horse also has a single tiger eye gene.

Their patterns are caused by tobiano (the stockings) and Lp (the hip blanket). Name-wise you could call them a pintaloosa since they have both To and Lp. Or you could just say they have a blanket as the stockings are low enough that some people prefer not to name them.
Ah, the silver was throwing me off. Thank you so much for the response!
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Enigma »

Silverine wrote:Ping
Hi again, hope you don't mind the ping, I apologize if you do. I am needing help once more with figuring out the color of two horses (shown below). I've been referencing Totina's color chart, but I'm still struggling lol.

3-NAB 4*

&

5-NAB 4*
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Enigma wrote:
Not a problem at all. Happy to help. :)

The first horse looks to be Sooty Silver Perlino - bay + silver + 2x cream + sooty. She also has tobiano.

The second horse is Gold Roan - chestnut + champagne + roan. She also has tobiano and a single tiger eye. I think she also has flaxen, but am not 100% sure on that.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am