Community Forum

Quarter Horse

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ssochamp10
Visit My Farm

Quarter Horse

Post by ssochamp10 »

So I breed a Quarter Horse, (Chickasaw/Thougherbred X Arabian/Andalusian) but all it says is grade horse. I have a question about what I did wrong. Do I have to ask a moderator to make sure it is a Quarter Horse? Please just tell me what I am doing wrong, tysm.
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter Horse

Post by MysticSunflower »

ssochamp10 wrote:So I breed a Quarter Horse, (Chickasaw/Thougherbred X Arabian/Andalusian) but all it says is grade horse. I have a question about what I did wrong. Do I have to ask a moderator to make sure it is a Quarter Horse? Please just tell me what I am doing wrong, tysm.
If one parent is (Thoroughbred x Chickasaw) and the other is (Arabian x Andalusian), then you have the correct recipe and you did not do anything wrong!

Other players may have more insight, but in my personal experience you will only get the horse you are breeding for about 25% of the time. And sometimes you will breed the correct recipe until the mare ages out, and you will never get what you are breeding for.

Go to the market and buy a Quarter Horse evaluation book. You want both parents to have a high Quarter Horse evaluation to increase your chances.

Just rehome the foal and keep trying. It is so satisfying when it finally works out :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter Horse

Post by BlackOak2 »

ssochamp10 wrote:So I breed a Quarter Horse, (Chickasaw/Thougherbred X Arabian/Andalusian) but all it says is grade horse. I have a question about what I did wrong. Do I have to ask a moderator to make sure it is a Quarter Horse? Please just tell me what I am doing wrong, tysm.
It is as MysticSunflower said.
Although percentages for actually producing a horse of the correct recipe has to do with how close the foal is to being 5 star for the new breed and also after that a flip of the coin 50/50 for if it will actually end up that way. Even perfectly evaluated foals can end up wrong. :roll:

For additional in-depth, here's two guides that will explain further:
Quest Breeding Guid
Breed Evaluations: an Illustrated Guide
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 10:51 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:51 pm