Community Forum

What age does the mane normally lay over?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
username <3
Visit My Farm

What age does the mane normally lay over?

Post by username <3 »

Hi!

In my experience so far, none of my horses' manes had started to lay over until at least two years old. That is, until this little stinker.

Meet Starbuck, one of my youngest thoroughbred fillies. When that picture was taken, she was six months old and her mane was already laying over and her tail was longer. Is this normal and I just haven't seen it before? I'd really appreciate someone's help!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Re: What age does the mane normally lay over?

Post by Diamond Filly »

username <3 wrote:
Hi!

In my experience so far, none of my horses' manes had started to lay over until at least two years old. That is, until this little stinker.

Meet Starbuck, one of my youngest thoroughbred fillies. When that picture was taken, she was six months old and her mane was already laying over and her tail was longer. Is this normal and I just haven't seen it before? I'd really appreciate someone's help!
All the horses I've bred had their manes laying over around 2 years as well. I don't know what it means with Starbuck.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: What age does the mane normally lay over?

Post by EclipticEnd »

username <3 wrote:Is this normal and I just haven't seen it before? I'd really appreciate someone's help!
Hiya!

Normally foals will have their mane and tail grow for the first time at thereabouts 2 years of age; however, some horses can have that happen at thereabouts 6 months of age. This is part of the game's genetics and is controlled by a gene. Because there's a gene controlling it, you can breed it into your herds just as you would a specific color dilution.

That's really all I personally know about it; I couldn't tell you if the gene's recessive, dominant, or co-dominant. It's not a gene I've messed with, but I know that other players may have more than my basic knowledge.

Hope that's helpful!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 pm