Community Forum

Some sort of champagne?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Some sort of champagne?

Post by Diamond Filly »

Is this some sort of Diluted Cremello Champagne Appy? That's what I'm calling it right now anyway. :lol:
Could someone help me with what his actual coloring is? BTW he's for sale.
BlackOak2 wrote:Do you know his color?
Silverine wrote:Could you help me if nobody else can figure it out (though I'm sure they can)?
Outmaneuvered Fire
Flower.Prince
Visit My Farm

Re: Some sort of champagne?

Post by Flower.Prince »

Diamond Filly wrote:Is this some sort of Diluted Cremello Champagne Appy? That's what I'm calling it right now anyway. :lol:
BlackOak2 wrote:Do you know his color?
Silverine wrote:Could you help me if nobody else can figure it out (though I'm sure they can)?
Outmaneuvered Fire
He looks like a palomino or a perlino. I would just watch as his color finalizes as her matures! I also recommend looking up a horse color guide! I use them all of the time! But I think he is a palomino leopard appaloosa w/ stockings. :)
Flower Acres
Live. Ride. Love.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Does look like a double dilute. And has blue eyes... at least, they appear blue.

I'm not immediately seeing any signs of pearl, but it could've been carried from much further back. Can't be a double pearl, though, dam is a cream carrier and pearl simply cannot hide when paired with cream. So at most the foal is a cream & pearl.

Of course, the mare could be a tiger-eye carrier and these are hazel eyes we're looking at. Which would suggest a single cream. So, that means the foal could also be a single cream.

This bright of the foal coat is just a little too deceptive for me right now. Although, skin is white and not black.

So, I think, right now at least, I'm settling on cream and pearl on chestnut. That'll make him a palomino pearl.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

BlackOak2 wrote:Does look like a double dilute. And has blue eyes... at least, they appear blue.

I'm not immediately seeing any signs of pearl, but it could've been carried from much further back. Can't be a double pearl, though, dam is a cream carrier and pearl simply cannot hide when paired with cream. So at most the foal is a cream & pearl.

Of course, the mare could be a tiger-eye carrier and these are hazel eyes we're looking at. Which would suggest a single cream. So, that means the foal could also be a single cream.

This bright of the foal coat is just a little too deceptive for me right now. Although, skin is white and not black.

So, I think, right now at least, I'm settling on cream and pearl on chestnut. That'll make him a palomino pearl.
Okay. I think I'll watch and see what he looks like as he matures. Thank you!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Flower.Prince wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote:Is this some sort of Diluted Cremello Champagne Appy? That's what I'm calling it right now anyway. :lol:

Outmaneuvered Fire
He looks like a palomino or a perlino. I would just watch as his color finalizes as her matures! I also recommend looking up a horse color guide! I use them all of the time! But I think he is a palomino leopard appaloosa w/ stockings. :)
Thank you! I'll take your advice and wait and see what he looks like later on.
Flower.Prince
Visit My Farm

Post by Flower.Prince »

Diamond Filly wrote:
Flower.Prince wrote:
Thank you! I'll take your advice and wait and see what he looks like later on.
No problem!
Flower Acres
Live. Ride. Love.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Flower.Prince wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote:.

Outmaneuvered Fire
Palomino Pearl is correct. The cream is from the dam (buckskin) and the pearl is from the sire (visibly undiluted, carries hidden pearl).

The sire has also produced this brown pearl (incorrectly labeled as champagne) and this smoky black pearl (incorrectly labeled as cremello).

EDIT:
Here is my archived Palomino Pearl for reference:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D

Good to know I still have a little bit of an eye left for dilutes! :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Silverine wrote:
Flower.Prince wrote:.
Palomino Pearl is correct. The cream is from the dam (buckskin) and the pearl is from the sire (visibly undiluted, carries hidden pearl).

The sire has also produced this brown pearl (incorrectly labeled as champagne) and this smoky black pearl (incorrectly labeled as cremello).

EDIT:
Here is my archived Palomino Pearl for reference:
Okay! Thanks! I edited the smoky black pearl horse, but the other one wasn't bred by me and I don't own it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:38 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:38 am