Community Forum

Easy Training Method?

Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Easy Training Method?

Post by Diamond Filly »

Anyone know of an easy training method? I'm working on training this colt on my own, and I'm trying to find a good training method.

I figured I'd make more money on him if he is trained, especially if I'm not paying someone else to train him. Right now he's for sale for $17,000.

Until I get a reply I'll just be playing around with training methods I find on peoples farm pages. :lol:

Thank you!
~Diamond Filly
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm

Re: Easy Training Method?

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

Diamond Filly wrote:Anyone know of an easy training method? I'm working on training this colt on my own, and I'm trying to find a good training method.

I figured I'd make more money on him if he is trained, especially if I'm not paying someone else to train him. Right now he's for sale for $17,000.

Until I get a reply I'll just be playing around with training methods I find on peoples farm pages. :lol:

Thank you!
~Diamond Filly
Usually the main thing to do first is to get stamina up to 90 or 95%. If you don’t do stamina first, then the amount of energy it takes to train a horse will never go down. Also, the efficiency you have training a horse will depend on how many training skills you have completed.

Typically when I train I start the horse on collection and impulsion while walking at the highest stamina option you can choose (depends on how many courses you have completed). Raise the stamina all the way to the highest option (takes some turns), and then after you do that you can raise the horse to a trot. You want to do all of this in collection and impulsion.

Once your horse is trotting around the arena at stamina 4+ on collection and impulsion, you just keep doing this every turn until stamina is to the 90 or 95%. I would recommend getting to 95% if you are fully training the horse.

After this point there are a lot of different techniques you can use, but most people target speed next.

Generally a lot of this is also true for the training courses. You’ll want to do all of the basic training courses, then finish all of the stamina courses, strength courses, and agility courses before finishing the others.
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Post by MysticSunflower »

Diamond Filly wrote:Anyone know of an easy training method? I'm working on training this colt on my own, and I'm trying to find a good training method.

Thank you!
~Diamond Filly
I have maxed out all of my training skills so I'm not sure if this is the best method for everyone, but this is what works the quickest for me.

1. Collection and Impulsion at 30 minute intervals at a walk until you are only using 5% energy
2. Ground Poles at 30 minute intervals at a walk until Movement is at 99%
3. Jumping Obstacles at 30 minute intervals at a walk until Agility is at 99%
4. Lunge on Flat at 30 minute intervals at a gallop until Speed is at 99%

You might need to add in some other training activities to max out your strength/balance/etc if your skills aren't leveled up. But eventually, these 4 steps will train up all of your disciplines within 3 years of age.

Happy training! :)
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

MysticSunflower wrote:

Thank you!
~Diamond Filly
I have maxed out all of my training skills so I'm not sure if this is the best method for everyone, but this is what works the quickest for me.

1. Collection and Impulsion at 30 minute intervals at a walk until you are only using 5% energy
2. Ground Poles at 30 minute intervals at a walk until Movement is at 99%
3. Jumping Obstacles at 30 minute intervals at a walk until Agility is at 99%
4. Lunge on Flat at 30 minute intervals at a gallop until Speed is at 99%

You might need to add in some other training activities to max out your strength/balance/etc if your skills aren't leveled up. But eventually, these 4 steps will train up all of your disciplines within 3 years of age.

Happy training! :)
Thanks for the advice!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Jasmine_Hanley wrote:

Thank you!
~Diamond Filly
Usually the main thing to do first is to get stamina up to 90 or 95%. If you don’t do stamina first, then the amount of energy it takes to train a horse will never go down. Also, the efficiency you have training a horse will depend on how many training skills you have completed.

Typically when I train I start the horse on collection and impulsion while walking at the highest stamina option you can choose (depends on how many courses you have completed). Raise the stamina all the way to the highest option (takes some turns), and then after you do that you can raise the horse to a trot. You want to do all of this in collection and impulsion.

Once your horse is trotting around the arena at stamina 4+ on collection and impulsion, you just keep doing this every turn until stamina is to the 90 or 95%. I would recommend getting to 95% if you are fully training the horse.

After this point there are a lot of different techniques you can use, but most people target speed next.

Generally a lot of this is also true for the training courses. You’ll want to do all of the basic training courses, then finish all of the stamina courses, strength courses, and agility courses before finishing the others.
Thanks for the advice!
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

Diamond Filly wrote:
Jasmine_Hanley wrote:

Thanks for the advice!
No problem! Unfortunately there’s not a training method I know if that’s super easy, but some are a little more work than others!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Jasmine_Hanley wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote: Thanks for the advice!
No problem! Unfortunately there’s not a training method I know if that’s super easy, but some are a little more work than others!
Yes!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 9:05 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:05 am