After about 2 years offline, I'm back!

JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

After about 2 years offline, I'm back!

Post by JaycenUwU »

I've been off for around 2 years as life got in the way, I lost my mare in accident, moved and became independent, switched jobs and exited a career I love due to learning that I'm disabled and cant keep up with the physical demand. I now have another mare who I've potentially retired due to finding out she has PSSM, I'm now learning management that works for her. I've gotten engaged and we have 4 cats XD.

Theres all my life updates out of the way, I'll be returning to my dressage and friesian project, any tips I'll be grateful for! I was very interested in the forums about heart and selectively breeding purely from comp results (eek! That sounds daunting!!) Hopefully my current herd has enough heart to fit my goal: Gold movement with a 70 conformation, so far I've only seen one singular Hanoverian stallion with a 70 movement so I know this will take a while to reach, especially as I want these horses to be successful comparatively, I think the highest successful Gold I've bred so far has been 66, so I a step closer at least.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: After about 2 years offline, I'm back!

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

JaycenUwU wrote:I've been off for around 2 years as life got in the way, I lost my mare in accident, moved and became independent, switched jobs and exited a career I love due to learning that I'm disabled and cant keep up with the physical demand. I now have another mare who I've potentially retired due to finding out she has PSSM, I'm now learning management that works for her. I've gotten engaged and we have 4 cats XD.

Theres all my life updates out of the way, I'll be returning to my dressage and friesian project, any tips I'll be grateful for! I was very interested in the forums about heart and selectively breeding purely from comp results (eek! That sounds daunting!!) Hopefully my current herd has enough heart to fit my goal: Gold movement with a 70 conformation, so far I've only seen one singular Hanoverian stallion with a 70 movement so I know this will take a while to reach, especially as I want these horses to be successful comparatively, I think the highest successful Gold I've bred so far has been 66, so I a step closer at least.
so sorry to hear all that. Glad to help if you need it!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: After about 2 years offline, I'm back!

Post by BlackOak2 »

JaycenUwU wrote:I've been off for around 2 years as life got in the way, I lost my mare in accident, moved and became independent, switched jobs and exited a career I love due to learning that I'm disabled and cant keep up with the physical demand. I now have another mare who I've potentially retired due to finding out she has PSSM, I'm now learning management that works for her. I've gotten engaged and we have 4 cats XD.

Ah! :o I remember you!!! 8-) :lol:

Welcome back.
Sorry to hear about the hardships, but it seems things might've settled a bit?

And also, Yes! If you need some guidance, you know what to do. :mrgreen:

Breeding purely from comp results is a bit daunting. But once you've got your rhythm going, it's much easier to maintain. It can even be a good bet to have yourself a breeding account, gather all the foals together and then transfer them one by one to a training account and train them up. Then set them into comps. If you set up a spreadsheet and track the foals, you might be able to find just the right combination of stats to favor in your herd. Then just use that data to help guide you. There are a couple different ways to tackle the goal. That said, keep in mind that favoring the fillies over the colts will only help you in the end. Too often, people go for 'the best foal' and then find themselves out of usable, breedable mares. You'll always find a suitable colt for your herd, but your fillies may seem in very short supply too quickly.

I'd suggest that if and when you find a good heart-horse, you breed a couple from it and them stuff it into board somewhere. It'll be important to keep that horse available if you accidentally breed that heart out... which can happen and does happen just SO easily.
And replace him or her when you have another that surpasses that horse.

Movement is exceptionally difficult to build and maintain. If you get to your goal, you'll be one of the very few that combines gold comment with 60+ scoring.

Good Luck!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 10:12 pm

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:12 pm