Slightly baffled by my grinder line.

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Slightly baffled by my grinder line.

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

As some of you may know, I've had my color grinder line for quite some time, and they've been bred for racing for the most part.

For whatever reason, not only are pretty much all of the grinders I've trained been competitive, most of them have been easy 100 WPS- near RH scoring, and in a variety of different disciplines (I have one I'm working rn who's gotten 14/20 first places in endurance, and my last prospect was really good at pole bending for some bizarre reason.

Why is this happening? Is the game just THAT inactive that they don't have good enough competition?
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Slightly baffled by my grinder line.

Post by MysticSunflower »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:As some of you may know, I've had my color grinder line for quite some time, and they've been bred for racing for the most part.

For whatever reason, not only are pretty much all of the grinders I've trained been competitive, most of them have been easy 100 WPS- near RH scoring, and in a variety of different disciplines (I have one I'm working rn who's gotten 14/20 first places in endurance, and my last prospect was really good at pole bending for some bizarre reason.

Why is this happening? Is the game just THAT inactive that they don't have good enough competition?
I have had the exact same thing happen with my grinder line. I always run my grinders through a few competitions just for fun, and sometimes they end up performing better than horses I am breeding specifically for their competitive genes.
I know other players have mentioned the "heart gene", but admin has never confirmed it so there is no reason to believe it exists. I think there is a lot more randomness to the competition aspect of this game than we are being led to believe. I also think you have a good point that players aren't currently very active, and there isn't a lot of "good" competition running through the competition circuit.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Slightly baffled by my grinder line.

Post by BlackOak2 »

MysticSunflower wrote:
Cypress Creek Elites wrote:As some of you may know, I've had my color grinder line for quite some time, and they've been bred for racing for the most part.

I have had the exact same thing happen with my grinder line. I always run my grinders through a few competitions just for fun, and sometimes they end up performing better than horses I am breeding specifically for their competitive genes.
I know other players have mentioned the "heart gene", but admin has never confirmed it so there is no reason to believe it exists. I think there is a lot more randomness to the competition aspect of this game than we are being led to believe. I also think you have a good point that players aren't currently very active, and there isn't a lot of "good" competition running through the competition circuit.
Adding to this.
Grinder lines do eventually become competitive. They're already honed toward specific types of disciplines, for instance, lightweight heads toward racing and poles and endurance, while heavy heads toward logpull. So it's a natural and logical conclusion that they'll begin to evolve into a competition line. It's really just a 'as the crow flies, as the road flows' type of instance. Instead of attacking the project and making a competitive line, you make a grinder line and it naturally starts to compete.

It's a very direct route to them eventually becoming competitive. My own grinder line did become competitive themselves, and I've had a few record holders from that line as well.

So... congratulations! :mrgreen: 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 5:05 pm

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:05 pm