Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: hello! i’m new

Post by red wood farm »

BlackOak2 wrote:
red wood farm wrote:...
:D
As already said, Welcome!

We have quite a few seasonal players around here. Some are on during the summers, some are fall players, others spring. And we have a lot that are all year.

Great thing about the game is you can stop and start whenever and nothing on your game will change, because the turns are self-initiated.

Bad thing is, it might take you all summer to figure out just what project you want to tackle! :lol: But I don't really consider that a bad thing. ;)

Since you're expecting to only be here for this summer (and then maybe return next, if you remember us :mrgreen: ), just focus on learning your player --> skills --> horse ownership and forget about the training or competitions. Horse Ownership will expand your horse number you can own. And if you need some extra monies to purchase extra pastures, donations are allowed here. :D You just gotta let the community know.

Otherwise, you'll find a bunch of guides in my quicklinks (link located in my signature). There's also a quickstart guide to give you an idea of what the game is like and also, located in my quicklinks are a few newbie-start guides.

This game is massive, but also decently simple or as complex as you want it to be.

Basic rule of thumb: breed to what you want, cull out what you don't want. You'll get to what you want using that simple tactic.

And two more things to note: the rehome feature is your friend. :D And the grinder horse is your bread & butter daily earner.

8-) We'll be around (we the community).

thankyou very much, i really appreciate it!

hoping to stick around during the fall when school goes back but not to confident how well i’ll be able to juggle my schedule.

have you got any project/breed recommendations? any is welcome.(i’m a lil bit overwhelmed and don’t know where to start :lol: )
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

red wood farm wrote:hello and welcome,

i’ll do my best to keep this short.

i’ve been looking for a new game to help pass time this summer. i came across this one:) i currently have absolutely no idea what i am doing but fingers crossed i’ll enjoy it (finding a good horse game for me has proven to be quite the challenge :lol: )

i was scrolling through and saw this, i believe it’s a chat thing? my apologies if i am using it wrong! any tips would be greatly appreciated! i’m not too sure how this game works so if anyone could give any advice i’d really appreciate it!

thankyou!
Welcome!

Let me know if you need anything. I'll do my best to help you (when I'm on HWO). I can supply you with grinders and champ horses if you'd like.

I don't want to load you down with advice :lol: , (I probably don't have the best advice either :lol: ) so I'd advise you to take BlackOak2's advice. They know a lot about this game and can help you with just about everything related.

Have a great day!
~Diamond Filly
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Mlloftus wrote:

i’ve been looking for a new game to help pass time this summer. i came across this one:) i currently have absolutely no idea what i am doing but fingers crossed i’ll enjoy it (finding a good horse game for me has proven to be quite the challenge :lol: )

i was scrolling through and saw this, i believe it’s a chat thing? my apologies if i am using it wrong! any tips would be greatly appreciated! i’m not too sure how this game works so if anyone could give any advice i’d really appreciate it!

thankyou!
Welcome!! Let me know if you need anything - training, boarding, popping, champing, or even just some cash.
Same for me too lol. Since you new it'll be free lol. I bet Mlloftus is pretty good too. I even board but I don't train
red wood farm
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by red wood farm »

Diamond Filly wrote:

thankyou!
Welcome!

Let me know if you need anything. I'll do my best to help you (when I'm on HWO). I can supply you with grinders and champ horses if you'd like.

I don't want to load you down with advice :lol: , (I probably don't have the best advice either :lol: ) so I'd advise you to take BlackOak2's advice. They know a lot about this game and can help you with just about everything related.

Have a great day!
~Diamond Filly
thankyou so much it’s extremely appreciated!

thankyou all for the support i genuinely appreciate it!!
your all so kind i feel so welcome
red wood farm
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by red wood farm »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:
Mlloftus wrote: Welcome!! Let me know if you need anything - training, boarding, popping, champing, or even just some cash.
Same for me too lol. Since you new it'll be free lol. I bet Mlloftus is pretty good too. I even board but I don't train
thankyou!!! i really appreciate it!!
red wood farm
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by red wood farm »

hello!

first off i just want to say thankyou for all the support and how welcoming you have all been. i feel so welcome i really do appreciate it!!

i just have a few questions
has anyone got any breed/project suggestions which aren’t too complicated/ i could get hold of. i’m looking to start my own but i have no idea where to start so thought i’d ask. would appreciate any ideas:)

thankyou!!!
have a good day :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

thankyou!
Hello and welcome!
This is honestly one of my favorite horse games. It's not super competitive, there's a lot of freedom with projects, and the community is amazing. I keep coming back :')

We have the forums and also a general chat for communication! We also have a player-created discord (if no one else has mentioned that yet)- I can grab you an invite in a bit.
Mlloftus_2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus_2 »

red wood farm wrote:hello!

first off i just want to say thankyou for all the support and how welcoming you have all been. i feel so welcome i really do appreciate it!!

has anyone got any breed/project suggestions which aren’t too complicated/ i could get hold of. i’m looking to start my own but i have no idea where to start so thought i’d ask. would appreciate any ideas:)

thankyou!!!
Honestly depends if you want the line to be 100% yours (only using Adoption Center horses to start) or if you're okay with using some already established lines. If you doing only AC horses its probably easiest to use one of those breeds as well as a goal they're easy to breed for (Ex. Endurance Arabians, Log Pulling Belgians). If you're okay with using existing lines you have tons more freedom, just grab a stud and a few mares you like and keep breeding them! With that you can do almost anything, easy ones would be basically any goal with Tbs, Arabians, or even Belgians (Since there are SO many on the market).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

red wood farm wrote:...
Sorry for the delayed response, I have some real life things going on right now, so I might end up being limited online for a couple weeks. But that doesn't mean I'll not be on daily, as is my usual. Just that it might.

Anyway. I'd suggest trying arabians.
There's a lot - [A LOT] - of arabians in stud and in sales. And you can get a quicker hold on how the breeding interacts with matching different studs and broods fairly quickly. It'll teach you a bit about how horses are matched up, what might work better than other matches and overall, how to build a herd with good 'on-paper'.
On-Paper is the BR, the conformation scores and the overall visual look of the horse.

Try to see if you can take an AC or AC-type (has HGP - Horse Genetic Potential - of an AC horse, but is not, itself an AC horse) horse and try to change a single comment from black color to green color or even gold color. There's also red color comments. You can go upward and downward.

If you can change a single stat color in the BR (which will be relatively easy if you pick the right stud), take a look at the other changes that you've done.

Creating a top-class, on-paper horse, this is a horse with an HGP over 65,000 points and multiple green and gold comments, isn't all that easy, even with really strong parents. But it's also not that hard either, if you use a breed like the arabian.

So, choose a goal for you with the HGP. Say... 55k (55,000 points). And limit the parents HGP that you'll use (say, you will limit yourself to using horse parents that are no more than 50k HGP.

It's a simple goal, but can be harder to attain that it sounds. :D

Once you get your 55k foal, set another goal, say 60k HGP, but only use the foals YOU produce and keep all outside parents you might use, to that same 50k limit. So, in essence, you'll be breeding your higher HGP foals to lower HGP horses that you didn't produce.

Don't worry about COI (coefficient of inbreeding). It does have an effect on the game, but the effects are limited and not written yet to be bad. In this case, raising COI (breeding siblings together or parents to offspring, etc.) can be quite useful to you. :mrgreen:

Then, figure out what you've learned.

If you can produce a purebred arabian with an HGP over 69k, I'll give you 100,000 and fully train that horse for you. 8-)

That is, if you choose to tackle the goal I outlined. If you choose another goal, I can still offer the reward, in a suitable goal scenario. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

red wood farm wrote:hello!

thankyou!!!
Belgians and Thoroughbreds (TBs) are pretty easy. I have some if you would like them. They aren't like some of the Belgians you see for sale. Take a look if you want
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 am

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 am