Community Forum

Is anyone breeding for movement anymore?

JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Is anyone breeding for movement anymore?

Post by JaycenUwU »

After being offline for a couple of years, I've come back to realise there aren't many dr/ dr d/ wp /hunters for stud or on the market, and my studs I've put up for stud haven't been used at all, and none of my broods on the market are selling (they aren't up to my standard, but they're still decent and priced pretty cheap despite a couple of years ago wouldve been priced 20k-40k+) has the community just generally moved onto racing and showjumping instead? Or do I just need to raise my standards and be a lot more harsh with my culling :lol:

Here are the mares for sale, just in case people tend to look for new horses via forum instead of market, and maybe it'll give a better idea and gives more info to advise off of, they might not be as great as I think they are :lol:

Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is anyone breeding for movement anymore?

Post by Mega »

I always breed for movement and those are great deals. People are missing out here. GL
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is anyone breeding for movement anymore?

Post by BlackOak2 »

JaycenUwU wrote:After being offline for a couple of years, I've come back to realise there aren't many dr/ dr d/ wp /hunters for stud or on the market, and my studs I've put up for stud haven't been used at all, and none of my broods on the market are selling (they aren't up to my standard, but they're still decent and priced pretty cheap despite a couple of years ago wouldve been priced 20k-40k+) has the community just generally moved onto racing and showjumping instead? Or do I just need to raise my standards and be a lot more harsh with my culling :lol:

Here are the mares for sale, just in case people tend to look for new horses via forum instead of market, and maybe it'll give a better idea and gives more info to advise off of, they might not be as great as I think they are :lol:

Movement breeders are few. But they're still out there. Some of the more leading ones may be in hiatus.

I have my new line of movement in board and on hold currently. I will be dredging them out, when I'm done my pseudo-white (through tobiano) shetlands. They're almost done.

Currently, I think most sales are grinder. So if you promote them as grinder-fodder, they'll likely go a lot faster. Other than that, color sales are still moving.

People seem to be looking for greens and golds in the top three stats (speed, stamina, strength), so since your breeding is centered around the harder-to-develop stat of movement, our easier and newbie style players simply aren't interested.

I have been snatching up horses here and there for grinder-stock. I look at the first few pages for already-trained ones and if I don't find any there, I jump to the end. But because my breeders are all bred at the same time, I look for a horse that's just about the same month-age as the horse I have.
(19 years 2.5 months, I look for a replacement that's between X years 1.5 months and X years 3.5 months, so that my mares will pop and be rebred on the 'year' birthday of the horse I have).
...So I do end up passing by a number of horses because for that grinder-passing, the horses are simply not in the month-range of that grinder horse. *shrugs*
Well... one reason I haven't snatched up your horses yet. ;)
Well... yeah, that and your horses tend to be better breeder-stock then the grinder-fodder out there. I'll leave ones that have strong BR x score balancing for those that'll actually use them for breeding and snatch up those that are rather poor in the breeding sheds. :lol:

Newbies and returnes (returnees sometimes) tend to see high confo scores and think they're great breeder stock without taking into account the hard stat genes that're revealed in the breeder's report. So, they'll overlook those that have the reverse going on, strong BR but rather average-looking scores.

We have a lot more newbies and juniors around currently. A lot of our senior members (well, maybe not a lot but perhaps more than usual) are out doing summer or winter things (southern hemisphere ;) ).
If you want your horses to be taken more advantage of, you'll need to bulk up your ads and tell the community exactly what your horses' strengths are, what you're breeding for and what they should be doing with them.

I hope that helps. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 am

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 am